Saturday, July 30, 2005

Can't Sleep, Count Sheep?


Yes it is 4:23 am and I am posting bc I cannot sleep. I hate that feeling. I want to but I can't. That will lead to our comment question later......anyway David, Carrie, and George arrived safely today and we had fun going out to dinner and running through the sprinkler.......don't worry I will post plenty of pics later. That George is too cute! I am sad they are moving so far away but am glad they came to visit us on their way to South Dakota. Ok so the comment question today is: What do you do when you can't sleep?? I usually watch TV but the wee one is sleeping in our room so that doesn't work. I then try these in no particular order: take drugs, read, eat wheat thins, brush my teeth, pray, make up stories in my head, count (but never do I think of flowers, grass, and trees like my mother always said to). Thanks for all the comments on the last entry....I enjoyed the question thing so I will try to come up with more creative ones in the future!

6 comments:

Kmom said...

I don't think of flowers, grass, or trees either. Mothers sometimes say strange things. Singing songs in my mind sometimes helps. "I know the Lord will find a way for me" seems to be the right speed. Pretending my husband's breathing or snoring is mine sometimes helps or trying relaxation, deep breathing. Eating a bowl of cereal with milk and then reading helps. Generally, reading the Bible is comforting and relaxing and there is usually some book in there one has not read in awhile.

KTsDad said...

Physical exercise usually helps me sleep better, so keep up the evening walks. Also, continue the trips to the library. Having a good book on hand usually slows my mind down so I can go back to sleep.

The baby B'burg cousin...aka Rachel said...

I'm sorry that you can't sleep. I've been having that problem 2. I try to read a book or maybe write in a journal to help put me back to sleep. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I, at the moment, am an expert on not sleeping because of my terrible divorce. I have to have the television on. If you remember I used to not be able to sleep with any type of noise or light. If I read a book, I end up reading the whole book because it gets to interesting heh. The only other things I do when I cant watch tv, lie in bed in the dark. After about 30 mins I am asleep.

April

Monique said...

Usually I get jealous of John who is snoring away in Neverland, and hit him with my pillow, but he never wakes up. :)

Celeste said...

I usually start rocking myself back and forth...kind of like Mrs. Keller (: or tapping my foot
Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails