Saturday, July 23, 2005

Taking a trip to the Library

Today Ryan and I decided we would walk to the downtown library. Unfortunately we did not leave as early as I would have liked (thanks to my obsession with Jeff Corwin on Saturday mornings) so it was really hot, but we did it! It's a 30 min walk one way but it was good exercise and well worth it. (I just had to run through someone's sprinkler in their yard on the way home) It's a brand new library. We browsed for awhile and found some stuff to read through. Then we were good citizens and got a library card and I checked out Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger. I read most of it about 2 summers ago but never finished it.....like most books I try to read. Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book and so I thought I would tackle another Salinger book. So far so good. I think library trips on Saturdays would be a good ritual......I just need to tape Jeff Corwin so we can beat the heat! Maybe I can find an author I like as much as I liked R.L. Stine and Goosebumps books in my adolescent days. Anyway have a good weekend. Hasta la pasta amigos!!----KLI

1 comment:

Laura K said...

What a great way to spend a day. At the library. I love the library. If I think of a book you must read, I will let you know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails