Sunday, August 14, 2005

Am I My Brother's Keeper??


Tonight we joined a Brother's Keepers group at church. It's just a fellowship program they have at Memorial Road and your group meets once a month for food and fellowship. Our group is mainly young married people. So hopefully we will gain more married friends. And there are lots of babies to pass around too! We made it home just in time for Family Guy and now Ryan is writing his 3rd paper for Philosophy---only 4 more days left!! This afternoon I watched something on TLC about weird medical things and there is a rare disease that when you eat or swallow anything cold a nerve in the back of throat sends a message to your brain and makes you think you have hypothermia so you go into cardiac arrest. This guy was passing out every time he drank water! The only cure is to just not drink or eat cold stuff! The question of the day will be have you ever had a strange medical condition?? I have had several because I am a hypochondriac and I can make myself sick by thinking about it enough. I did have a reaction to medicine that made my tongue turn black once. And I had shingles about 2 years ago. Those are the ones that come to my mind right now. We can discuss others later. Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

Rachel Lee said...

I've never had anything like that. But, I did have that huge sist removed from my neck.(i didnt want to attempt spelling it) Have a great week, I love you!

Laura K said...

I have whats called Keinbocks Disease. It isn't really a disease, that's just the discription they gave it. The lunate bone in my wrist died, literally, because it lost blood flow. Over the course of about 5 years it deteriorated to half it's regular size. It resulted in the removal of 4 cm of my radius (one of the long bones in your forearm). That's the crazy "disease" I was blessed with.

Anonymous said...

Heh I remember that episode of ER stories, Katie. That was odd and it made me feel bad for that guy. Imagine a hot day for him. Anyways, I don't think I have had anything weird. I remember when your mom took me to the doctors one day they told me I had Osgood-schalters in my knees. I thought just the name alone was weird enough.

April

Related Posts with Thumbnails