Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!


Today is my dad's birthday. In honor of him I made a lasagna last night (and what an experience that was--I am on my way to being a domestic goddess) and we are eating it tonight with some friends. I will have to let you know how it tastes later......Today you can comment your favorite memories or qualities about your dad. Some of mine are
1. he has a great sense of style
2. he planned my wedding
3. he took me on my first date
4. he is a great Christian man
5. he taught me to drive---therefore he is brave
6. he is HILARIOUS
7. he paid for my education
8. he answers all my cooking questions (mom does too)
9. he made me laugh before I walked down the aisle so I wouldn't cry :)

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!! See you in 10 days!!

4 comments:

Mom I said...

My Dad is the most patient man I have ever met. He had to be to raise a daughter like me and not kill me by the time I was 18. I have never heard him raise his voice or say a mean or hateful thing about anyone. He was a wonderful example of a Godly man. One of my biggest regrets in life is the day I made my father cry by a poor choice I made when I was a stupid teenager. Sorry Daddy and thank you for loving me in spite of myself.

Rach said...

Well, I love my dad because of all the things he does for me. He's always there. But, I love your dad to. He is the best uncle a girl could have. I was glad to somewhat celebrate wiht him at Singing Under the Stars. Have a great week!

your sister said...

FAVORITE MEMORIES-letting me jump in a pile of leaves he just raked and then giving me a wheelbarrow ride. . .riding bikes to get donuts (or do crazy tricks in the church parking lot). . .teaching me to drive. . .going to Guyana

FAVORITE QUALITIES-great Bible teacher. . .funny. . .respected. . .OCD (like father, like daughter)

Laura K said...

I love the way my dad treats my mom. I never wondered if he my parents loved eachother. He can fix ANYTHING! And he always (along with my mom) made sure I knew where my priorities should be... God, Family, everything else.
Happy Birthday to Mr. Bloomingburg!

Related Posts with Thumbnails