Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm baaack!


I must apologize to those of you whose mornings are incomplete without reading the latest news in the Isenberg world....I have been gone to Dallas, but I am back now. I thought Ryan might post while I was away but alas, he did not. One of the highlights of the business trip was definitely eating at The Cheesecake Factory. Mmmm....yum! I also got to go to a lot of stores I hadn't been too. My new favorite store is Z Gallerie. Maybe OKC will get one one day. I hear Portland is though for all of you Oregonians. I also have been reading the biography of J.D. Salinger written by his daughter. She writes the biography intermixed with passages of his stories and it helps explain some of them a lot better. I already enjoyed them but now I enjoy them more. But that is probably true of any book--you can understand it better if you understand the author. The question of today will be if you could met anyone dead or living (besides Jesus bc everyone wants to meet him I think) who would it be? My answers are dead: Audrey Hepburn; living: J.D. Salinger. Have a lovely day!!

6 comments:

Rachel Lee said...

Thanks for my comment...it meant alot!! I'm glad you had such a great time. Well, if I was able to meet someone alive Janette Oke(who wrote all those books I love). But, dead someone from the family who I've never met but have heard great things about. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who I would want to meet, but I love the cheesecake factory too!!
Celeste

April said...

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Bring back any cheesecake for us?
:) If I could choose who I want to meet, dead: Princess Diana, alive: John Grisham. I would love to hear the stories behind the books.

ktsdad said...

Thomas Jefferson has always impressed me as a man who was ahead of his time. It might be fun to spend a few days at Monticello with him!

Laura K said...

I was sad the other morning when there was no new posting from the OKC Isenbergs. But I am glad you had a nice time. I LOVE Z Gallerie too!! We just got one around here, and it's like Pottery Barn only more affordable! If I could meet anyone that is dead I think it would be my great grandma Boyd who passed when I was too young to remember her. And living I would want to meet Oprah. She seems like a hoot to know.

Mom I said...

I would love to meet my Dads mother. She died when he was 12 years old, so I obviously never met her. But I would love to hear her stories about my dad when he was a child and about her experience of raising 12 children during the depression and living in a train car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails