Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Interesting Lunch Breaks.....

Story #1---So back in the month of March (that was 5 months ago) Ryan and I were driving back to OK from TN and had a fender bender in Memphis. The guy had a tiny scratch on the fender of his HUGE truck. Our car had much more damage. He was really nice though. He didn't want to get insurance involved so we swapped phone numbers and we thought we had taken pics but later found out the chip wasn't in the camera. Well today at lunch, he calls. Five months later!!! He just wanted to make sure I remembered him and recounted the events of the wreck to me. He said he knew our car was damaged more than his so I am hoping he is being honest and won't come back with a $10,000 estimate. He said he would get back to us later this week. I could have just ignored his phone call but I am trying to be a good person I am just a little hacked that he has waited so long for a scratch!!!

Story #2---As I was leaving my apt after lunch there was a man walking up our back driveway. He wasn't one of my neighbors and he looked mad, so I got in my car and locked the door. Then this policeman runs up after him and yells "Stop right there! Put you hands behind your back!" Luckily the man obeyed and the police arrested him....in our driveway!! I went out the front driveway and circled around and he was in the back of the police car but I have no idea what happend.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Its real live Cops right in front of you. You should have just started singing the bad boy song.

Anonymous said...

Oh man what an interesting day.

April

Mom I said...

These are not stories mothers want to hear. I'm so glad your okay though. I guess every neighborhood has it's exciting moments. What a smart girl to lock yourself in your car. I probably would have just frozen and been held hostage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails