Thursday, September 08, 2005

Fishers of men



Tonight our lesson at church was about bringing others to Christ and that to follow God is to "fish" (for others to come to know Him). At the end of class we focused on the people who had the greatest impact on us; the people who were our fishermen. Then we wrote them a thank you note. I will share mine and Ryan's notes with you:

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for raising me in a Christian home and sharing God's love with me as parents. Thank you for taking us to church every time the door was open. You were a great example to me growing up and continue to be. I love you---Katie

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know you didn't really fish for me, I kind of just jumped in your boat, but thank you for keeping me in the boat throughout my life. Being born into a Christian home has been the greatest blessing in my life. Love you---Ryan

So today's question is Who is your fisherman? You can write them a thank you in the comment and in real life to let them know how much you appreciate them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your site. I'm from Edmond and have heard that the Edmond Sun is hiring graphic artists for fairly decent pay...

Mom I said...

Of course my parents above all were the most important influence in my life who led me to Christ. They won't ever read this because they are technaphobes but I've had opportunity to thank them in the past and I will be sure to do it once again. They are truly amazing people.

Ryan and Katie said...

Dear anonymous,
Please leave your name. Thanks for the info Ryan interviewed there on Monday......

Laura k said...

My mom and dad were my biggest fishers. Their biggest "bait" was just their example of Christian living. I am very grateful for this. I don't know that I have ever told them "thank you", but I am thankful daily for how raising me in a christian home.

Rach said...

One of my fishers was my parents, but my Granny might have been ym biggest. She is truly the Worthy Woman you read about it Prov. 31. She's been ym everything sometimes. Great cook and listener, and an even better example of Christ. I love her so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails