Sunday, September 11, 2005

Oh Potlucks.....



Well some of those wedding presents are finally getting put to use! Tonight was Brother's Keepers night and Dr. Stafford North and his wife had two of the young married groups over to their house. They have a beautiful home and a gorgeous backyard. We had a potluck dinner and I made Mona's cornbread casserole....yum! I got to use one of the dishes and carrying cases we got for a wedding present, and it actually kept the casserole hot while it sat in the car for 1.5 hrs. I was pretty impressed. So, way to go Anchor Hocking! We met some more couples in our class, and got to do a lot of baby watching. Today's question is what is your favorite potluck dish to eat or make? I always just liked the people who brought chicken and biscuits from Jack's!

5 comments:

April said...

Mmmmm... little smoke sausage links drenched in BBQ sauce. I have always seen them at a potluck.

Laura K said...

I love using new dishes. I use my potluck dishes so infrequently that I forget that I have them. I still have wedding presents I haven't used. =)
I like taco salad. Lettuce, meat, crushed tortilla chips or Doritos, kidney beans, and catalina dressing. Yummy. And super easy to make.
Love, Lor

Mom I said...

I love pretty much anything that goes on the dessert table. But I also love it when the senior ladies make their home made fried chicken. I never make it myself because its way too messy. I'm so glad you like my corn casserole. I actually have to give credit to Aunt Sandi for that yummy stuff.

ktsdad said...

The purpose of potluck dinners is to try out new recipes that you think you might like but don't for sure! This way you don't get stuck eating the leftovers if you don't like it!

Rach said...

Well, I alwyas like my moms maatloaf. But, also lobve the dessert table. Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails