Thursday, September 01, 2005

Tape Recorders....



So today I was finally unpacking the boxes my mom brought me. In them I found a cassette tape marked "katie and amy's silly tape." I had no idea what was on it but knew it would be interesting. The majority of it was recordings of our other sister April (in the pic with us and her beautiful children) who liked to sing in her room and we liked to hang outside the door and record her. She did not find this amusing but we did. I love you April!! The rest of the tape was us singing silly songs and doing other strange things that I am too embarassed to discuss or to ever let anyone hear. I'm holding the tape for future blackmail use though. My sister and I loved to make tape recordings of ourselves when we were younger. One time we had a HORRIBLE babysitter who locked herself in the bathroom and talked on the phone all night so we recorded a mean song about her and played it for her through the bathroom door. We got a huge kick out of it and I can still remember the words to it today. Today's question will be what silly things did you do with your siblings as a child to amuse yourselves? Have a lovely day and be praying for all those affected by Katrina!

9 comments:

LittleKelly said...

Funny I remeber recording stupid conversations when I was little too. Man what fun. Another weird thing i did was on laundry day for the sheets My mom would make a fort out of the comforter on my bed and my friends and I would spend the whole day in it playing barbies and stuff. Some nights I would insisit on sleeping in there too.

Laura K said...

Carrie and I shared a bet until I was 10 or 11. So at night after we had been tucked in we would do all sorts of crazy things. We used to indian leg wrestle and play with our stuffed bears. My bear was Misty and hers was Teddy, and we had what we called "The Teddy and Misty show". And every night we would come up with a new theme song before "the show". Ahhhh, what good times.

TicklemeAsian said...

I didn't know you had another sister?!?

Monique said...

I remember my sister and I would sing with pretend microphones in front of mom's long mirror. One day mom told us not to be vain. Being 5 and 3, we had no idea what vain meant, and kept on singing.
I also remember my sister and I making up "medicine" for my 4 year old brother to drink consisting of vinegar, toothpaste, listerine, and lemon juice because he was getting on our nerves.

Mom I said...

My sister and I shared a bed for most of our growing up years. Even when we didn't have to share a bed we shared a room until the day she got married, which happened to be the same day I left for college 2000 miles away from home. Since we talked alot before we went to sleep each night, we made a rule that if you knocked on the headboard 3 times (I think it was 3, that was a long time ago)that meant the other person couldn't talk anymore because you wanted to go to sleep. Don't ask me why we didn't just say "I want to sleep now". I'm sure that silly idea was Denise's and not mine.

carrie m said...

I remember Laura and I recording ourselves singing and doing a radio show. I remember one time she was "interviewing" me and I was a dog catcher who didn't like dogs, so I didn't mind putting them to sleep. Ah, the memories.
-Carrie

April said...

Oh, Katie, how could you!!?? I just now read your post cause I have been so busy lately. As long as you don't have tapes of when we were in Fort Wayne for Christmas, I'm okay. When I was little, I used to turn my radio up real loud and lock my door so they couldn't make me turn it off. I would sing real loud. Wow, I guess some things never change cause I still do.

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

I used to annoy my older brothers with the radio. I forgot to mention that in the other post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails