Monday, October 10, 2005

Hurdy Gurdy Man


I am not nor have I ever been high, but I am convinced that you do not need hallucinatory drugs to achieve the same effect. All you have to do is listen to Donovan. I have felt this way about him for a long time and have realized that a lot of artists from the 60's and 70's are condusive to this same feeling because they all smoked a lot of pot. But I think Donovan is my number one. If you aren't familiar with his music just download any of his songs. You can look up lyrics to get the gist, but it won't produce the same effect unless you actually experience them through sound. I suggest Hurdy Gurdy Man, There is a Mountain, or Mellow Yellow for starters. I could think of other artists and songs to talk about but I don't want to overdose. Today's question is what songs or artists make you feel like you just took a drag from the proverbial peace pipe??

3 comments:

kmom said...

The Frito Bandito song and the song In the Jungle the Mighty Jungle the Lion Sleeps Tonight. But since I've never been high, I'm not quite sure. Do you mean totally relaxed or totally jazzed up? The above songs jazz me up.

Ryan and Katie said...

HAHAHAHA!! I love you mom!! :)

April said...

Finally I am able to read October posts!! I was not able to receive anything from October. Anyways, my ex-husband used to listen to this one song by Eminem called "purple pill" and just the words alone made me feel weird inside. I really don't like the song.

Related Posts with Thumbnails