Sunday, November 06, 2005

Best Friends Forever

We just dropped Erin and Celeste off at the airport and I am sad. Not weeping and moaning sad but emptyness sad. There are certain friends that it just doesn't matter how long its been since you've seen them you always just pick up wherever you left off. You never have to explain how you feel bc they have known you your whole life and they just know you. I've been friends with Erin since we were 3 and with Celeste since 3rd grade. They are both pretty much complete opposites of each other, but yet both a lot like me. I can honestly say anything to them and tell them my darkest secrets and feel completely comfortable with it. They can read me like a book and I am so blessed to have them in my life. We had a fun weekend: we went to bricktown, saw Elizabethtown (great movie), went to the bombing memorial, played too much scattergories, ate too many brownies and gossiped WAY too much and I loved every minute of it. To see more pics of our short but sweet weekend click here. Today's question is what is one of your favorite memories with your best friend?

7 comments:

Rachel Lee said...

I'm glad you had such an amazing time with them! I'm not sure what my favorite memory w/ Jessica is, but I always love getting together and talking. I hope you have a great week! Love you!

April said...

My best friend and I wanted to be blood sisters only in a none bloody way. She came up with this idea of mixing together lots of different stuff in a glass and drinking it. If I remember correctly, we had ketchup, milk, pickle juice, and a few others mixed together. We drank the nasty stuff and been friends since. This was in the 6th grade; we have known each other since kindergarten.

ktsdad said...

My best friend in high school was a guy that lived in Crockett County where Pop preached at the time. The year he graduated from high school (I had just finished my freshman year at Freed.), our folks decided we were old enough to take a vacation with our younger brothers with no parental supervision. The four of us drove to D.C. for a week and had a blast! Friendships like you 3 have are rare - cherish them!

Lor K said...

Leann used to live around the block from Carrie and I and it was a RARE occasion that we didn't spend the day at one or the others house. We have been friends for so long that I don't remember a time when she wasn't in my life. I was also blessed to have a wonderful sister who is one of my best friends. Get us 3 together and you never know what might happen! =)

Anonymous said...

Well, since we discussed most of our favorite memories this weekend, I will just tell you how much fun I had. It was so good to see you and how happy you are. I miss you so much. I love you and can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!!!
Celeste

Mom I said...

My best friend through Jr Hi and Hi School was Donna Warrick (now Deming). She was much prettier than me and she got a boyfriend her freshman year but he was a senior. Her parents wouldn't let her date him unless she had a chaperone, so I literally went on every date with them. Poor Dave had to pay for both of us anytime they went somewhere. That guy never did get married. I think Donna broke his heart and he never got over it. (Or maybe his experience with her and I was so bad that he swore off women all together).

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, even with your neck broken, it is still great. I have one million memories, and most of them are with katie. One of my favorites is the times we were frustrated with live, love, and the big old town of henderson. We would ride around and scream at the top of our lungs. We would take turns and scream until out throats hurt. It may sound dumb, but it is an amazing stress relief. You should try it next time things are too much to bare. Katie, I love you more than words can say. I had so much fun, and there is no msuch thing as too much scattegories. -E

Related Posts with Thumbnails