Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Confessions of a Wanna-Be Record-Setter

I have never claimed to have been cool my entire life. It took many awkward years to become the awesome person that I am today. When I was younger I desperately wanted to make it into the Guiness Book of World Records. I liked to read through it and come up with crazy ways to make it into history. My greatest idea was to have the biggest collections of toilet paper rolls---after all it would be free for me to collect and people do throw out a lot. So for quite a few years my parents humored me and I collected probably over 2000 in our attic. It probably was the biggest collection in the world but I gave up. When I went to college I allowed my parents to give them to the church thereby making me the person to single handedly supply the arts and crafts materials for VBS---probably for a few years. Anyway so that is my uncool collection confession. Today's question is did you ever collect anything weird??

6 comments:

April said...

Sorry, Katie. I never could think of anything to collect that wouldn't bore me after a few months.

Lor K said...

You crack me up. I don't think I could collect anything more interesting than toilet paper rolls.

ktsdad said...

I guess my strangest collection was the year I saved up all the parsley sprigs they used to put on plates at restaurants to give to Santa Claus at Christmas! And then there was my green bottle collection....

Lor K said...

I think we now know where you get your grand ideas! Your dad has the same creative brain! =)

carrie m said...

I love old black and white pictures, so I would go to antique stores and buy these pictures of people I don't even know. I still have my collection in an album somewhere.

Kira said...

Funny, I remember we used to watch Pee Wee Herman. He had this huge rubber band ball & aluminum foil collection. I had tried to do both. The rubber band ball didn't make it far & the aluminum foil ball didn't make it past the size of a baseball. Other than that, just normal stuff. Side note- Ripley's here in Branson has a huge rubber band ball.

Related Posts with Thumbnails