Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Million Little Pieces

Next to God and the Bible I, like most Americans, look to Oprah Winfrey for guidance in life. If she recommends something, chances are it will be a number one best seller in America in the next week. I was watching her show the other day and it was about this book A Million Little Pieces. She had practically her whole staff read it and they all praised it and blah blah and I, not even knowing what the book was about, decided I should probably read it (I think I could easily be brainwashed). Then my friend Celeste said she read it and loved it so I decided to reserve it from the library. Well it has been like 3 weeks and it still isn't ready so I looked on the website to see how many people are in front of me....only 300!! Luckily there are 54 copies floating around so maybe within the next month or two I will get it. Maybe I will finish it, maybe not but I will be sure to let you know. Today's question is have any of you out there read this book? And did you like it?

2 comments:

Mom I said...

I haven't read it yet but it sounds like it's going to be a hard read. Deep and depressing. But I plan on borrowing it from Aunt Kathy as soon as she's done with it. I rarely buy books because we have such a great local library and new releases usually have LONG waiting lists just like your library, so I'm glad I know people who actually buy books. I like going to Barnes and Nobles and reading the first few pages of a book and then if I like it I'll write down the name and author and keep checking my library till they get it. Look at all the money I save.

Kira said...

I haven't read it yet, the book looked interesting. I should read it, but I know that I will cry reading it & I don't want to go there yet.

I saw like 5 people in the airport last week reading it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails