Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sophabella's and the productive weekend

Yesterday was a productive Saturday. We cleaned the apartment, did 3 loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, Ryan got a haircut, I got a new battery for my watch, we finally printed our wedding pics and put them in an album, Ryan cleaned all the birdseed off of our porch so the mice and squirrels will go away, we finished our photoworks honeymoon book and ordered it, I paid bills, I picked up my reserved book at the library, and we did some successful Christmas shopping. I think that was all....I should've put it in list form....oh well! Anyway to treat our good behavior we went to a restaurant we hadn't been to before called Sophabella's. It was delicious and they had a great variety on the menu and because it was our first time there they put us in "the best seat in the house." We plan to go back. Anyway that's all. Today's question is when did you find out Santa wasn't real? I remember when I was about 5 I asked mom how he could make it to all of those houses in one night and that I was doubting his existence. She told me that Santa was probably based on a man a long time ago who did nice things for people. I read last night that he actually was so I guess she wasn't feeding me lies!

5 comments:

April said...

I was about 6 when I realized Santa was no longer real. At the age of 5, I could hardly sleep as most kids cannot, and I awoke to find my parents putting presents under the tree. They told me Santa had placed them on the roof for them to put under the tree. I believed them until my brothers told me the truth in the morning. I did my best to ignore their lies. So the next year, I awoke to find the same event taken place with a different excuse. I was devastated.

Rachel said...

I was either 6 or 7....Bonnie showed me where the presents were. I was so mad at her!

Dad I said...

You mean he's not!!! Who says??? Thanks alot.

Mom I said...

I don't remember a revelation moment, it was a gradual realization over the years. I know I still believed in him in 3rd grade because I remember seeing him before Xmas and having to be sure I got to tell him exactly what I wanted (a Bible of my own with my name on it). I was a slow learner. I wanted to keep my kids believers as long as possible, so I used to wrap their "Santa" presents in wrapping paper that I didn't use for any other presents. Did it work Ryan?

ktsdad said...

He's not real???!!! So who got all that parsley I collected for him???!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails