Saturday, December 17, 2005

Book Report

I've been on a waiting list since October and my number was up on Thursday. Oprah and her staff were right. The book about addiction is addicting itself. I read the whole thing (over 400 pages) in 3 days! I seriously think that is a record for me. This true story is about the author's 6 weeks in a rehab facility and does not sugar coat anything. You can't put it down because you are rooting for him to overcome his addictions, to make it through rehab, to fight his Fury, and to reconnect with his family. And it's all true! It was happy, sad, fascinating, depressing, honest, open, and hopeful. It's an amazingly raw story and I waited 3 months on the library waiting list and I was NOT disappointed. I already reserved my copy of his sequel. Luckily there are only 45 in front of me this time. There is a lot of hard language in the book, but it's an honest look at a man's struggle with his addictions and the friends he finds in an unlikely place, so what do you expect. So today's question is have any of you read it and what did you think(since the last time I asked this question in November)?

2 comments:

Rachel Lee said...

Wow, that sounds really good. I haven;t read and honestly I haven;t seen it anywhere. Have a good week! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I thought it was a great book too. It was the most raw, emotional book I've ever read. I kind of felt exhausted when I got throught with it, but it was really good. I saw the sequel the other day. You'll have to let me know how it is.
Celeste

Related Posts with Thumbnails