Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

First of all I am going to be an aunt again!! Congratulations Laura and Troy! They have been keeping it a secret for 3 whole months!

So last night was the finale of Miss 17. Erin, Allison, Jenn, and I got together and had a little Xmas party before the viewing. We decided to play Dirty Santa just with things we already had laying around our homes. So I open my present I had chosen from Erin and it's a picture frame with dragonflies on it. I said "Erin, I gave this to you!" Luckily I hadn't given it to her as a gift before, but I had been going through things when I was moving out and said do you want this and she said sure. It's pretty ugly and we got a big kick out of it. And today Ryan is giving it away to his secret Santa at work. So who knows, maybe they will regift it to someone too! Today's question is do you believe in regifting? I do!

3 comments:

April said...

If I didn't like the gift and it wasn't opened, I think I might rewrap for someone else to enjoy. Happy Holidays, Katie and Ryan!

Lor K said...

I think regifting is ok. If you're not going to get any use out of something, might as well let someone else right! =)

Thanks for the congrats. Believe me it was very difficult to keep it a secret for so long. It's nice to be able to talk about it now!

Love you,
Lor

Kira said...

Ok, Oprah's "experts" don't think that regifting is ok. I also read in Real Simple or Glamour (I don't remember) that regifing was "out". So with all that being said, if the gift is pretty generic, I'm ALL FOR REGIFTING, especially if it wasn't from a close friend or family member

Related Posts with Thumbnails