Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm a Big Kid Now!

I'm not referring to the pull ups potty training ads although I have been a "big kid" in that area for quite some time now. I'm referring to that stage in life when you are financially on your own and you have to do things for yourself. People ask me every now and then is it hard to get used to being married. For the most part no, not at all--at least for me. I adjusted to living with and sharing things with Ryan just fine. The hard part I think is just growing up: having to pay bills, understanding how insurance works, budgeting, filling out paperwork for everything, having a full time job, finding a good dentist, scheduling time off to see family, etc. It's a hassle quite frankly. I know everyone has to do it and be mature, but it stinks. I'm not trying to complain or to say that I would rather be in school and have homework, bc I wouldn't. I'm very grateful that I can live within my means and can afford the things I have, but sometimes I just want to not think about that stuff. Maybe I could hire a personal assistant to figure that stuff out for me, but I don't think it fits in my budget. It's just part of life and I'm sure it will feel normal in time. Anyway today's question is what do you find or what did you find to be the hardest part of "growing up"?

5 comments:

LittleKelly said...

Not quite there yet ask me again in about a year.

kira said...

OH boy, where do I start. I would definately have to agree with the having to "figure out how things work" thing. Money is my thing, I had a budget before I ever left the house, so that's not a big deal for me. But figuring out insurance, papers, forms, taxes & all that jazz. Especially after you buy a house. I agree- I like it, but it can be a burden to do & to find time to do. Enjoy not having the responsibility while you can! THEN ADD KIDS & their school to it.

ktsdad said...

There is a part of me that preferred life when everything was "black and white." Adulthood brings a lot of "grey" areas that you have to deal with and pray that you make good decisions!

Mom I said...

The many many times you have to say good bye. Whether in death, a move, or just normal life changes that happen.

April said...

The hardest part for me being on my own was adjusting to living 1100 miles away from my parents. I was scared of being the wife of an Army soldier, never knowing the day when they would come and take him away from us. Paying bills was exciting for me heh; however until I receive my nursing degree, having whatever job is available doesn't make it quite as exciting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails