Sunday, December 04, 2005

No Day But Today

I went out to eat with Allison, Erin, and Kelli for my birthday last night and then we went to see Rent. I really enjoyed the movie and the music in it is amazing. It's not like any other musical I have seen. I really want to see it in person now. I don't think you have to agree with everything in a movie in order to enjoy it and get a good message out of it. The messages I got out of it were:

1. Measure your life in love not by money, popularity, or power.
2. Be different from what the world tells you to be.
3. No day but today. Live each day like it was your last and make each day count.

I think being different from the world is different to every person, so I don't necessarily agree with what their "different" was, but the message is still there. If you have no idea what the movie is about, look it up on the internet before you go. There are some thematic elements that might offend some people so if you don't want to see it, don't go. But like I said, I don't think you have to agree with everything to get a good message. Anyway those were my thoughts on it. Today's question is what did you think of this movie if you saw it?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Well my thought at the beginning of the movie was, I can't believe I am supporting this!! But, after actually getting into it and falling in love with Angel and some of the other characters, I thought it was a great movie with EXCELLENT music. I agree with Katie, a lot of the themes are not what I agree with...but if you can see the deeper meaning, it's a great movie. :o) Thanks for letting me celebrate with you!

Kira said...

I agree with both. You have to look beyond the actions. The movie definately took me out of my comfort zone. But it showed me that no matter what we think of peoples' morals or lack of, they still have values.

Related Posts with Thumbnails