Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Reason for the Season

Posted by Picasa There is a current debate in many stores across the nation about whether they should have "Christmas" items or "Holiday" items in their stores. I think we all know the real reason for the season is to see my troll nativity scene. To get a better look you can click on the picture above to enlarge it. The tradition has carried on to Oklahoma and now sits on our mantle. I think I started it in Jr. High but I don't remember. It is complete with (from left to right) Santa and Satan looking on, the wisemen and gifts, Mary, baby Jesus, Joseph, the Shepherds, an angel, and a Snowman narrator. Also various animals scattered around. I know it's not Biblically accurate so you don't have to leave comments about how the wisemen probably actually came to Jesus's house much later and that snowmen are never mentioned in the Bible.....

Now I know you are all dying to know what I got for my birthday. From Ryan I got the Oprah 20th anniversary collection of DVD's, the Freaks and Geeks DVD collection, some slippers (the same ones I got my mom I LOVE them), and a new bathrobe. I loved all of my presents and we got to watch one of the episodes of Freaks and Geeks after church last night. I have hinted about those DVD's before, but I was proud of Ryan for knowing I would want the Oprah one!! I also got cards and presents from people at work and other family members. I had a wonderful birthday and want to thank everyone for all the phone calls and cards and emails and birthday wishes. Today's question is have you ever seen an episode of Freaks and Geeks?

4 comments:

Mom I said...

I am so impressed with your nativity scene. I'm sorry to say I've never seen Freaks and Geeks. Don't even know what channel its on. Do ya think its something I'd like, being an old geezer that I am? Glad you had a happy birthday. Let us know how you like Rent. Love ya,

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I can't beleive you watch Freaks and Geeks too!! I loved that show and totally do not understand why it only lasted one season. What a great show that was. Anyway, glad you had such a great birthday and I love you!!
~Little Goiter

Monique said...

I like your troll nativity scene. That was so cute.

Mr. T said...

Um.....you might be the first person in the WORLD to include Satan in a nativity scene. Am I the only one who thinks that to be odd yet slightly humorous...only because you made satan out of a troll?

Related Posts with Thumbnails