Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Shoe in the Road

There are things that disturb me that I don't think about until they happen, but a shoe in the road definitely tops the list. Driving to work this morning there was a nice men's dress shoe in the middle of the road. Sometimes driving down the high way or interstate there will be a random kid's shoe or adult tennis shoe. I just don't understand how that happens. It makes me feel like someone has been kidnapped. How can a shoe just fall off a person's foot, and in the middle of a busy street? If they wanted to throw it out, why not in the trash? And why just one? You never see two in the road. I would list other things that disturb me when I see them, but like I said I usually can't think of them until it happens. Today's question is: Is there anything random that disturbs you?

6 comments:

LittleKelly said...

You know I have known people who do stupid things with thier clothing while they drive. Like it is wet so they decide to tie it to the car antena not realizing that the drive would cause them to lose the item they tied to the antena. Maybe the shoe came from somebody who as they were driving wanted to get a rock out but didn't want the rock in the car so they opened the window and WOOOSHHH away the shoe flies and lands in the middle of the road.

Kira said...

I heard this story on the christian radio station the other day that was really funny. This guy had a company party & this co worker had too much to drink so he drove her home. Well he had not mentioned it to his wife & the next day the husband & wife were going out & he saw a shoe on the floor, so when she wasn't looking, he grabbed, threw it out the window so she didn't get the wrong idea. Then when they got to their destination, the wife was like, "have you seen my other shoe?"

Mom I said...

I can't think of anything right off the top of my head either. But as far as clothes on the road. One time we went to the beach and the kids got their clothes all wet so I hung their underwear in the rolled up window to dry on the way home. I can't imagine what someone would think if they saw that laying by the side of the road. In retrospect I can see how that probably really embarrased my kids and I shouldn't have done it. Hindsights 20/20.

April said...

Back in 1991, a bunch of us went to Gulf Shores, AL. When it was time to leave, we double checked the hotel room to make sure we did not leave one single item behind. A bra was discovered in one of the rooms that belonged to one of the much older girls then me. None would claim it, so the chaperone mother tied it to the side mirror of the van as we drove home. I was horrified! Along the way the bra seemed to have just disappeared in the night.

Ryan and Katie said...

I will have to take the statement back about never seeing two shoes. On my way home at lunch I saw the lone shoe's pair about 100 feet away. Still disturbing though....

Rachel said...

I love the card especially the picture! I love you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails