Monday, January 02, 2006

Certificate cash value is 1/128 of a cent.


Well, looks like I get the honor of getting the first post of the year since Katie redeemed her gift certificate for a free blog entry by yours truly (and she has 7 more, so the masses can rejoice). Anyway, for new years eve we didn't really do anything special during the day (except sleep in, which is highly important in my book). In the evening we went to the shin dig they had at church and it was pretty groovy. I couldn't hear most of what the MCs were saying because we were in a gym and far away from the speakers, but they had some good music, some good videos and, despite the dry weather and high wind, some good fireworks. The one that stood out the most was the video of Kent Allen, our preacher at Memorial Road, getting punk'd (for those of you over 40 please refer to your nearest 16 year old for further information regarding punk'd). It involved a counseling session and a guy who wanted to baptize his dead bird. After that we went downtown to catch the big fireworks show which we arrived just in time for. This new years didn't seem especially exciting because for some reason "2006" doesn't sound that different. I caught myself a few times in 2005 thinking that it was 2006 already. Don't know why. Katie's theory is that 5 and 6 are similar looking numbers and all that is added to 5 to make a 6 is a single line. Not sure that is the reason, but good effort and observation by the wife unit on that one. Anyhoo, I guess this is the point in the show where I ask the question of the day, soooo...If three points are placed at random around the circumference of a circle, what is the probability that all three will reside in some semi-circle of that circumference. Have a good day and new year. Cheers.

7 comments:

your wife said...

wouldn't it be 100% that they would make a semicircle? I dunno that's my guess. Good post I look forward to the other 7 :)

ktsdad said...

Barber, writer, computer guru - is there anything this man cannot do?!

kira said...

I have no idea, but I knew that I would love your posts!

kmom said...

I'm thinking 100% too, or close to it. I don't want to think too hard, since I just finished my first sudoku puzzle. I had to erase and start over twice. It was supposed to be an easy one, but it took me awhile to get the hang of it. You just have to use simple logic and count to nine. Thanks for posting, Ryan!

Rachel said...

I have bo idea about the question, but I did enjoy reading it. It was nice to get another point of view into the isenberg world. Have a good week!

Mom I said...

I have NO idea. Don't ya know that a mother gives a portion of her brain to each of her offspring. After three, highly intelligent may I say, children, that didn't leave much left for me. Sounds like you had a fun New Years eve. I can't believe they let them have fireworks with all the drought and fires. We went to bed at 10:30 and said hello to the new year the next morning. David is the only one who could keep his eyes open. Thanks for posting son. Your wife always does a great job, but it's nice to hear from you too. Next time dont ask such a hard question though. It makes my brain hurt. Love ya love ya.

UM said...

It's the same probability that the Hypotenuse was the last line drawn in a Right Triangle.
UM

Related Posts with Thumbnails