Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandmommy!

My grandmother is celebrating her birthday with thousands of people from all over the world in Henderson. So what if they came for the lectureship, that's only a minor detail. I still wish her the best birthday and am sad that I can't be there to tell her in person.

Today's question is if something is molded do you just cut off the gross part and eat the rest? I do not but Ryan is making me. I learned in biology that just bc you may only see a small blue spot or white spot the whole food is contaminated. You only see the reproductive part but the whole thing is ruined. Ryan however is making me eat some shredded cheese on my quesadilla that was savored from a molded block. If I die tomorrow it's his fault. I just wanted everyone to know that I am being a submissive wife.....even to the moldy death.

6 comments:

kmom said...

With cheese,I usually just cut off the mold and eat the rest. I think there are good molds. Sometimes with some foods such as bread, I throw it all away, but I have torn off the mold and eaten the rest. You will probably be ok. It is contaminated meat that can really be dangerous, so wash hands, surfaces well and cook meat til done.

Erin P said...

Ew, RHINE!!!! I can't believe he made you eat that. I usually throw the whole thing out. I think mold is gross and don't try to eat the rest.
See ya tonight!!

Lor K said...

Moldy cheese is ok. That is all cheese is anyway, moldy milk. We will have to take you to the Tillamook Cheese Factory next time you come to OR. Don't worry you won't die.

April said...

After having a boy, I can clearly see that it is just part of their nature. My son can eat just about anything even if he saw it on top of the garbage (which is hiding inside a cabinet). :) I cannot even think to eat something after seeing mold on it.

Mom I said...

I'm very proud of you. You are a true "Butcher" woman, being submissive to death and all. I will take the mold off of cheese and bread and it it anyway, but I don't think I'd be brave enough to try anything else. Love ya,

Anonymous said...

It's probably okay for you to eat the cheese. And even if you were to accidentally eat some of the mold, it's probably just penicillin anyway. Love ya
Celeste

Related Posts with Thumbnails