Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

My parents anniversary is this weekend so congratulations to them! I think they have been married for 29 years. I don't know if the time flew by or not---you will have to ask them. I have a feeling it dragged on during the years I was a teenager--but that might have been my fault!

Anyway in honor of them I looked up some other important things that happend on March 26 and here they are in list form:

1. 1953-Jonas salk announces his invention of the polio vaccine.
2. 1934-the driving test was introduced in U.K.
3. 1937-In Crystal City, TX spinach growers erect a statue of Popeye
4. 1973-The Young and the Restless debuts on TV
5. 1976-A dictatorship of terror begins in Argentina as a result 30,000 were killed and even today their final whereabouts remain unknown.
6. 1982-Groundbreaking for the Vietnam War Memorial in D.C.
7. 1997-Thirty nine bodies found in Heaven's Gate suicide
8. 1999-Dr. Kevorkian found guilty
9. 2001-The final episode of WCW Nitro airs. The last night of wrestling on TNT.
10. 2006-In Scotland the prohibiton of smoking in all public places came into force

I'm sure you all enjoyed that bit-o-information. Today's question is what things happend on your birthday? If you don't know it's pretty easy to find in the Wikipedia. Two things I found for my bday were the Independence Day of Barbados and the Official End of Hurricane season.

5 comments:

April said...

Wow! I was quite shocked of what events took place on my birthday(November 17). Here are a few:
1. Rock Hudson and Daisy Fuentes birthday.
2. LoL Arnold Schwarzenegger was inaugurated Governor.
3. Formation of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity in 1911
4. This is also the day the Elizabethian Era begins: Quenn Mary I of England dies and her half-sister succeeds her.

I thought out of all that info, I would share the ones that was most interesting for me. Happy Anniversary, Larry and Debbie!!

Carrie M said...

April Fools Day is my birthday, so I'm sure lots of crazy stuff has happened. But I looked it up anyway.
1.Cigarette commercials are banned.
2.Debbie Reynolds and Samuel Alito were born.
3.The Aleusian Islands earthquake caused a tsunami that hit Hawaii.
4. The Wrigley Company is founded in Chicago.

Lor K said...

My birthday is very boring. But here is what I found:
July 10
1. Wyoming is admitted as 44th state in 1890
2. Bahamas independence day 1873
3.Coke reintroduces it's old formula as "coca-cola classic" in 1985
4.Death Valley,CA reaches 134 degrees. The hottest recorded temp in US history. 1913
It's Jessica Simpsons birthday too.

Mathias & Craig Families said...

It's Wendy, so my birthday is the 1st of November & a lot happened that day! Sad about the National Geographic. . . Anyway, love you both & thanks for your sweet comments to our blog! We miss you both & are enjoying getting to know you better through your blog!

1512 - The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo, is exhibited to the public for the first time.
1896 - A picture showing the naked breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.
1957 - Lyle Lovett, American singer born
1966 - The National Football League grants New Orleans, Louisiana a professional football franchise, the New Orleans Saints.
1969 - After seven years off the top of the charts, Elvis Presley hits number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with his song "Suspicious Minds."
1975 - Bo Bice, American Idol runner-up is born
1979 - Mamie Eisenhower, First Lady of the United States (b. 1896)dies
1999 - Walter Payton, American football player (b. 1954) dies

Mathias & Craig Families said...

Ryan or Katie, I'm sorry to write again but I was looking at your blog & the first girl on the left looks like a girl named Michelle that I knew from ocu. . what is her name & if she's married do you know her maiden name? Just curious! Love you guys! Oh & by the way, Benjamin Franklin, Al Capone, Mahamad Ali & James Earl Jones all share the same birthday as our precious Lilyanah! Wendy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails