Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Honda: The Homeless Habitat

It all started last Thursday morning when I got in my car to go to work. Everything from my glove compartment, the console, and all the side pockets had been strewn out everywhere. My first thought was "I have nothing in here to steal." They left all the change in the change holder, they didn't take any of my awesome cassette tapes, not the charger, not the 'I Love Katie' sticker, not my atlas, not my collection of napkins and straws, not the handbook, not the receipts or pencils, not anything. They just threw it around. Ryan thinks there was some change in the cup holder, but not a lot. So I call Ryan and tell him about it and I go on about my merry way. I had left the doors unlocked the night before so I couldn't be mad. I just made sure to lock them in the days after.

Well Monday morning I get to my car and the same thing had happend but they hadn't taken out EVERYTHING this time jsut a few things. But again nothing was stolen, not even the change. So my conclusions are A. a homeless man is sleeping in my car when it is left unlocked. B. My neighbor that I spoke of 3 entries ago is trying to play a joke on me. C. My car is possessed with a demon. I tend to lean more toward "A" though. Ryan left the doors unlocked the last time so it's not my fault and I really am not bothered by it, I just don't get it. If they want to find shelter in my car, then why make it obvious that they have been there? I think I locked my doors last night but I guess I will find out when I get to the car this morning. The question is should I do something nice for my made up inhabitor and leave them some cookies and a nice note asking them to clean up after themselves? or leave a sign that says NO Trespassing, All intruders will be prosecuted? or leave a tack in the seat.....which I would probably forget about and sit on myself.

6 comments:

FATSO said...

D. You have been sleep walking and are messing up your own car! Make sure to lock yourself in your apartment!

Lor K said...

I think you should do a stake out, to find out what is going on. I would be too curious to just leave cookies. =)

April said...

I agree with lor k. I would do a stake out first 1. for curiousity 2. to make sure no one is really trying to steal your car. It is a bit odd.

ktsdad said...

Are you taking Ambien by any chance?!
Remember to lock your car all the time!

Anonymous said...

Why do all of these random things always happen to you?

kmom said...

Always double check to be sure your car is locked!!! Because of the problem, your glove compartment needs to be kept locked too, after you have checked to be sure your car registration and insur info are there. Most likely that cousin next door is playing a prank on you, or one of your neighborhood friends. Hope no keys or personal info is in your car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails