Monday, April 24, 2006

Long Time No See

Sorry I didn't feel like posting the past few days. I'll do a quick rundown on the past few days and try not to bore you. Thursday was Erin's celebratory evening for her recent engagement (see pics below). It was a great night with some great comments made by Jen Lair. Erin has asked me to be one of her bridesmaids and I have graciously accepted. Friday night Ryan and I rented Fun with Dick and Jane. Very funny. Saturday we garage saled (bought nothing), talked to a man at the bank about long term savings (got confused and had to come read Dave Ramsey again), did the Welcome Wagon (ended up with 24 cookies to eat), ate at P.F. Changs (good but overpriced), and picked up my bridesmaids dress for Kelly's wedding. I finished reading Something Rising, Light and Swift. It was a very good book and I recommend it, but read The Solace of Leaving Early first. I have started The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Sunday we went to church and I did laundry. We had a sermon over myths in The Da Vinci Code. After I read it, (sorry Dad) I will try to do a post over the questions the book raises against the truth. Today's question is has your church had a sermon over it yet?

2 comments:

fatso said...

Bellevue had a whole quarter in Bible class to refute the book, but it was more of a "how we know the Bible is true" so those of us who had not read the book were not behind.

kmom said...

One Wed night last year there was a lesson on it in the auditorium class. It was interesting and renewed my intention not to read the book or watch the movie. I don't want to pollute my mind with heresy and blasphemy

Related Posts with Thumbnails