Friday, April 07, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha

The other night, my favorite neighboring cousin, my new downstairs neighbor, Ryan, and I watched Memoirs of a Geisha. However only 3 of us dressed up for the occasion (and Matt's was questionable authentic Japanese attire). Although I tended to look more like a clown bc of the heavy face paint I think the evening turned out well. With a little help of Photoshop here is the story of the evening. You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge.We do not become Geisha to fulfill our own destinies, but because we have no choice.I am testing my Geisha skills by stopping a man in his tracks with just one look.Here I am hitching a ride with the man I just stopped in his tracks.Here am I with my dear friend Pumpkin.

Anyway I hope you better understand the life of a Geisha now. The movie was pretty good. It was hard to understand though so halfway through we put up subtitles. I'm still on the waiting list for the book and I hear it's much better than the movie. Today's question is when was the last time you dressed up in a costume? In other Asian news, my boss left for China this morning so work shouldn't be as hectic this week. Thank goodness!!

5 comments:

Mr. T said...

I would like your readers to know that my head scarf was from Japan. My pants were from Japan and Ryans jacket...sorta looked like it was from Japan.

ktsdad said...

I am so glad my daughter blogs, so that I have something totally unexpected to look forward to each week!!!

Erin said...

Katie, You are cracking me up! Those pictures are hilarious!!

Halloween was the last time I dressed up, but, it was boring so I don't think that really counts.

April said...

Katie, haha you have a very interesting life. TV needs to hit you up for a reality show.
The last time I dressed up was Halloween. I went as a Gothic something, its been awhile. Take care and pray that Henderson doesn't get too much damage from this storm passing through today.

Erin Leigh said...

Katie, you are so weird. You look like Chi Beta Chi the year we won Makin Music. I love you, the more I know about your individuality, the more I know why we are soul mates!!! I love you and miss you

Related Posts with Thumbnails