Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tax Monkey...That Funky Monkey

Ok if you don't know any Beastie Boys songs you won't get the title but oh well. The good news is we got our tax return recently and let's just say when I opened it I think I heard the Hallelujah Chorus singing. I guess that's the one nice thing about working full time is a hefty return. Although I hear that it's better if you have to pay bc overall you get more in the end from your paychecks, but I don't know I like getting that check! Today's question will be what do you plan on doing with your return moolah? We are putting it in savings and it will come in handy for all of our travel expenses and/or any other surprises that I am sure will come up in the year.

In other sad news it has been brought to my attention by my husband (and an unfortunate accident that happend yesterday when I compared the looks of our neighbor to a farm animal and I am 99% sure she heard me, but I didn't know she was standing on the back porch) that I talk too loudly. And since I have the habit of saying whatever pops in my head (I should work on that too) I am trying to speak more softly. Especially when we are walking through the neighborhood and I comment on an ugly house, as the owner is weeding the garden. So to all of my faithful readers, please hold me accountable as I try to say nice things and if I do say mean things.....to say them quieter.

7 comments:

Carrie M said...

Thanks to our tax return we paid off David's school loans. Yeah! It feels so good not to have that payment every month.

April said...

I used my tax return to help pay off bills. Then I put a little into savings. Katie, I understand what you mean. I became deaf in my left ear back when I was 15, and I don't realize I talk loudly at times. It is hard to soften down when you do not realize how loud you can be. Good luck on you overcoming this disturbance :)

Lor K said...

I'm going to Disneyland! Really. We are going in September. I am soooo excited.

Mom I said...

Tax return???!! I'm afraid Uncle Sam made us send HIM a check. Yuck!! Oh well, you know what they say about death and taxes. If I did get a tax return, it would definitly go into my travel fund. And I know what you mean about being a loud talker, though I never thought you had that problem. My parents had to tell me many times to talk quieter, especially at the dinner table. I think it comes from being the middle of 5 kids. I just had to try harder to be heard. Its a hard habit to break. I still find myself being too loud quiet often. Love ya, Mom I

Jason Beard said...

I'm not sure my accountant has even filed mine yet, so what I pay may be in penalties. But about talking too loud...last night I was having a heated discussion about some of the youth group kids at the communion table after services. This may have been OK, but the microphone was on. Ooops!!!

kmom said...

So very glad to hear you plan to follow the financial gurus advice and put your tax refund in savings.
As for talking too loud, I think I have that problem too. When I get excited I get louder and louder without realizing it. Often I am loud on purpose when I am with my parents in-law because they do not hear well. It is hard to know how loud is loud enough. I need to mainly work on my bad habit of interrupting people. I guess I need to find an object to be the floor when listening to my husband.

ktsdad said...

When you lose another dependent and foot the bill for non-tax-deductible wedding there is no such phrase as "tax refund" in my vocabulary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails