Thursday, April 27, 2006

Will You Sign My Yearbook?

I remember the great anticipation of yearbooks arriving. The day we got yearbooks our teachers pretty much let us sign them all day and we had no class. I was on yearbook staff in high school so for a few years I knew if my picture would be laughable or not. My friends and I reserved whole pages for our best friends or boyfriends bc we knew they would write a lot. I am coming up on the 5th year of my high school graduation so I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane. I pulled out my senior year yearbook to see what my 2 best friends wrote about me.....(***some things have been edited to protect our secrets***)

My Katie,
I can't believe that this is the last time that we'll be signing each other's annuals. Our friendship has been through a lot. It's funny to me that we hated each other in Jr. High for awhile and now you're my best friend. Thank you for keeping all of my deep dark secrets and listening to me when I need to talk. I wish the best for you in college. Maybe you'll find a prince charming (if you haven't already :) ) I want to come stay with you on your reservation. Always remember my parents closet. *****! and our GGS meetings. Love ya, Celeste

Katie,
I don't know what to say to someone who already knows everything there is to know about me. From Kevin Porter to Clay Rodgers, you've been here for me. You are one of the only people I can trust and you are moving ten hours away. What am I supposed to do? From the time we met in the 2 and 3 year old class at church until now, a lot has happend. There was our romance with the Porters in preschool, throwing sand in each other's mouths in kindergarten, watching John Stockton knock over the refrigerator box he was put in, sitting at our picnic table and being teacher's pets. Then there was the time in 1st grade when Jennifer Homan told me I was going to die if I didn't become a Jehovah's Witness by the time I turned 18. Well we're 18 now and still church of Christ and I'm still breathing fine. I will never forget the night with you, me, *****, and *****. There has never again been anything like it and now that they built ********, there never will be again. I'm so glad that I had someone like you to give me all that good advice. Even though it went through one ear and out the other, it was the thought that counted. I don't know how many times I have almost gotten into a fight for you this year. "***** ain't about nothin." I will never forget calling up to ***** and **** all those times for you. The best prank calls ever were made to B*****'s sister. We have done so much together that I can't possibly put it all down on this sheet of paper. You are my true best friend. I know I can come to you for anything and if you ever need me at OCU, then all you have to do is call and wire me some gas money and I'll be there in only ten short hours. I don't care what you say, we're going somewhere this summer where we can dance the night away because the Beta dance really got me pupmped about my dancing skills. You are the only person I would die for and lie for. Thank you so much for all the lies you've told people to cover for me. You are the best friend anyone could ever have. I will never forget everything you've done for me. You are my rock and I hope I'll always be able to come to you. No matter what happens when you move to Oklahoma, you can call me any hour of any day. I love you so much and I'll miss you. You're my best friend. Love, Erin Leigh (Arina Dr. Suess) (Cramy Spunk)

So today's question is to eaither 1. Find one of your yearbooks and post what your friends said about you or 2. if we had adulthood yearbooks, and received them today, what would you write in mine?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It's kind of funny about what you put becuase we got our yearbooks today./ Most of mine say hpw sweet i am, but if I was to write in yours I woudl say thank you for being a wonderful cousin. Yuo alwasy have time for me with a listening ear! I love you and am always proud of what you've accomplished!

Erin's Nanny Diaries said...

I would write the exact same thing. I love you

Monique said...

I would say I miss you and love you much.

lauren and brad said...

I would say to you LYLAS...did you ever write that? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails