Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Biggest Losers of the Century

3rd Place goes to the cast and writers of 7th Heaven. I am not a fan of the show nor have I ever been--nor of any other WB show. However, there must be some followers since it has been on for 10 years. I wasn't even aware that tonight was the series finale until dear Matty Tat Tat told me, so I thought, well I'll watch it since it's the last one ever. The plot is so ridiculous and the acting is even worse. It ended with their 3 oldest children all announcing they are pregnant....oh and by the way all 3 of them are having twins. And I don't know if this was intended but it ended with a large lady singing (get it--it ain't over til the fat lady sings?) Dear Aaron Spelling, please stop. We get that you tried to redeem yourself after 90210 by creating a wholesome show, but 10 years was enough. Now retire with a little dignity and let your daughter carry on your trashy legacy.

2nd Place goes to David Blaine. COME ON!! Seriously.....you do some neat things every now and then but if you are so magical then why don't you guess the powerball numbers for every state? Now you lock yourself in a fish bowl for a week and want us to praise you for "testing your limits"? People have done much more heroic things to test their limits and they don't get TV coverage. But you got a 2 hour special on ABC primetime and didn't even break the world record of holding your breath. You didn't even come close. You had 177 hours in a bowl of water with nothing to do but practice holding your breath. They wanted us to be scared and pity you by showing us an actual video of someone dying bc she was under the water for more than 8 min. I don't pity you, you are silly, and ABC is sick for showing a video of someone drowning. You have more followers than some religions and yet you still rank in the loser category.

1st Place goes to me. Partly bc I let someone take a picture of me like that and then I posted it on the internet but mostly I wasted an hour of my evening watching the series finale of a show that I do not even like. Then I decided to watch David Blaine, who I think is sacriligious, try to break this world record. I at least saved face by flipping channels though so don't think I watched it for that long. I just watched the last circa 20 min. And now I'm an even bigger loser for trying to justify my loser-like actions. I have truly disgraced myself tonight and now I am going to go to redeem myself by reading.

Today's question is in what way are you a loser? And don't tell me there isn't anything loserish about you bc I will point something out for you.

15 comments:

JayJenny said...

Wow!

Matty-tat-tat said...

I would like to save my reputation and say that I don't watch 7th Heaven, and did not watch the finale, though I told you about it. I'll let you point out my loser qualities. This could be interesting...

April said...

I did not watch 7th Heaven, but my loser self did watch the David Blaine special. I was at work for the first hour and a half, so i figured once I got home I would watch the rest. BTW, ABC is the only station we get at work. I agree he should not have shown that footage of the woman drowning. I really try to save myself the embarassment of reaveling my loser tactics. Feel free to share them with me too.

Ryan and Katie said...

I renig my decision to point out other people's loser qualities because I realized that would make me a bigger loser. So I'm sorry Matty Tat Tat and April but I just won't do it.--1st place loser

Lor K said...

I guess my most recent loser moment would be that I watched the 7th Heaven finale. I watched it while I switched back and forth between it and Deal or No Deal. So I am not a gigantic loser, just a sorta loser. =)

Kira said...

My loserish quality is that I almost put that I have a looserish quality!!! I cannot spell and most of the time I do not even use spell check, knowing that I cannot spell. And that in every single one of my pictures I have the same smile/look.

Rachel said...

Well I did like 7th Heaven for a while, but they pulled it out way 2 much. There's many ways that I'm a loser and I don't have that much room. ha

Krista said...

I used to watch 7th Heaven in college but I haven't kept up with it since. However, I did watch the series finale the other night. I had plans to be somewhere else that night but I got sucked into the show and I just couldn't leave my house until I knew if Simon actually went through with the wedding.

And I would like to point out that "matty-tat-tat" used to be a huge fan of Dawson's Creek. Which, in my opinion, is just as bad as being a fan of 7th Heaven.

Erin's Nanny Diaries said...

Just another reason we are BFF. You are so freakin cynical it hurts, and it reminds me of all the things I want to say. I was born to be a loser. I feel like I just had a baby, because I have not been on a bike in a year, and I up and decided to ride 42 miles in a day. I have ADD, OCD, and insomnia. Yeah thats all I will leave you with. Oh yeah, and I used to ride around Henderson in a huge truck and think I was cool, and I used to prank people that worked at Sonic. I threw sand in my best friends mouth one time. I also like to make up extravaggant lies about being adopted. Come on Katie, Im sure I missed something, Im not afraid, point it out baby.

Ryan and Katie said...

Ok I will point out more of Erin's loserish qualities bc she is my bff and it's easy bc whatever I point out about her is true about me too.
1. riding around to fast food places saying "do you have any little pizzas"
2. making up random lies about things such as "after a movie actors have to get fat so fans won't be all over them"
3. staying at FHU....sorry you so should have come to OC with me :)
4. Being friends with the number one loser (me)also makes you more loserish
5. Skipping activities to drive around and get lost and then draw questionable things on foggy windows--I take that back that was pretty funny not loserish at all
6. Dressing up as Dorcus and yelling at kids bc they don't believe you are really her
7. Staying more than one night in a house that has an alien tracking device and a cat's tail in the basement
8. Wearing a dress to a theme park
9. Fighting over a dork boy with red hair at church camp with your best friend
10. Making up synchronized swimming routines in your pool

Ok I have listed enough for now. I miss you and love you and you are too far away from me.--KT

Packrat said...

W O W !!!!

Does SOMEBODY need a HUG?????

April said...

I just read that 7th Heaven might not be ending. Execs on the post I read said that the ending didn't go as planned. They are going to do 11-12 more shows. Maybe no one is a loser for watching the show after all.

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sally said...

Its offical. 7th heaven is not ending. Which means there are a lot of stupid people out there still watching it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails