Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh the Tastebuds, They are a Changin'

My mom always made me try foods that I knew I wouldn't like. I would say mom you KNOW I don't like green beans. She would say, "try them because your tastebuds can change as you get older." Yet, I never liked green beans and I still do not. However I am now eating salad. (I know you're thinking who doesn't like salad--well I didn't) Only if it has Catalina dressing on it and just bland things like cheese, croutons, carrots etc. but nontheless salad. I eat it practically every day for lunch. So far I think that is the only food that my tastebuds have changed to, but I will let you know if there are others in the future. So mom, I guess you were right. Today's question what foods do you like now that you previously did not....or vice versa?

In other news this weekend it rained a whole lot. On Friday we watched Frequency on TV. On Saturday I went with Erin and the bridal party to look for her a wedding dress, then we all ate at Bennigans. I finished reading The Da Vinci Code and have picked up Sisterhood of Traveling Pants again. In the evening it stopped raining so we went back to the Arts Festival downtown to eat, people watch, and listen to different bands playing. Yesterday we churched, cleaned, read, churched, and there was finally a new Grey's Anatomy!

6 comments:

Lor K said...

When I moved to the midwest I started liking cottage cheese and corn bread (not together). I never liked either one growing up. I have never liked tomatoes, but I try every once in a while, because of the whole tastebud change thing. I still don't like them. It's the one thing I just can't seem to swallow. Yucky.

Mom I said...

There are really too many things to count that I like now that I used to hate as a kid. Its true that our tastebuds really do change. I used to hate cheese of any kind but now I love it, especially Tillamook Cheddar. One thing I still don't like is plain old white milk. I think I must have had a bad experience with milk when I was a baby or something, because its just not normal to dislike milk. Love ya,

April said...

Forgive me for saying this, but my taste buds have recently developed a taste for spinach. Only it has to be fixed with alfredo sauce or stuffed shells.

kmom said...

I'm so very delighted to hear you tried salad and like it. If I buy Catalina dressing for when you are here, is there anything I need to know about it such as a certain brand or flavor? I don't think restaurants usually have that dressing. I like Thousand Island. Not long ago I ate some M&M peanuts and decided they were pretty good and also some chocolate covered almonds. I thought I liked my nuts plain and my chocolate plain, but they aren't too bad with a little chocolate covering the nuts.

Krista said...

My entire life I have hated mushrooms. To me, they were just a fungus, and why would I want to eat that? About a year ago, however, I randomly had a craving for mushrooms. I tried one and have loved them ever since. Wierd.

Monique said...

I like spinach and turnip greens now. I've been living in the south too long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails