Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666-The End of the World as We Know it

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is the term to describe the fear of the number 666. So being the superstitious person that I am, I am not very fond of today's date. Why can't we skip it like they skip the 13th floor in buildings? I had bad dreams all night long last night, but that could've been due to reading my new book before I went to sleep (it's about a holocaust survivor). I looked up some news stories today about the topic and found some interesting ones.

-In Hell, Michigan, Screams Ice Cream is selling cones for 66 cents and the Damned Site Inn's dinner special will cost $6.66
-A Dutch religious group organized a nationwide 24-hour prayer marathon Tuesday, fearing that the date June 6, 2006 - 06/06/06 - will lend power to the forces of evil
-The number 666 will forever hold a notorious spot in Pennsylvania Lottery history. In 1980, eight people conspired to fix the Pennsylvania Pick 3 lottery, including Nick Perry, the television host of the drawing
-Horror film The Omen , a remake of the 1976 film of the same name opens June 6 cashing in on the 666 association

I guess it could be worse. Imagine if you lived in the year 666. I might have to be bed ridden for a whole year. On GMA they have had news stories about mothers in America planning to induce their pregnanices on June 5th to avoid the evil date. There is a lady in our Bible class being induced today though. Today's question is would you be superstitious if your child was born on 6-6-06? I would, but I might get over it if my kid hadn't done anything evil in his/her first few years. I have seen 1976 Omen movie and know that children can be evil at early ages. At least in Hollywood they can.

4 comments:

Mom I said...

No. I wouldn't be worried at all. We're told that "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world". Men may act stupider and eviler on this day, but Satan has no more power on 6-6-06 than he did on 6-5 or 6-7. So, have a GREAT day today and show Satan how powerless he is in your life. Love ya,

ktsdad said...

Sounds like you need a copy of the hot new publication in Henderson, "Doc and J's Revelation for Dummies"! This would quell all your fears about 666!

Erin said...

Well, today is Justin's birthday who was born on 6/6/81 - but today is just another day. I don't really believe in superstitions... especially not when the day can be related back to Justin :)

April said...

I just watched on the news about a woman who had her baby today. She said she isn't supersticious. However, if he turned out to be trouble, she knew who to blame.

Related Posts with Thumbnails