Monday, June 26, 2006

I Can't Think of a Good Title

This weekend was fun. On Friday night we helped out at the MRCC/OC fun night. There was food, fun, ponies, and a big outdoor movie that we didn't stay for. There was a huge crowd though and it was a great success. Then Ryan, Allison, and I went out for dessert at Cheeseburger in Paradise. All was well until the musicians set up right beside our table and sang the blues in our ears. Then the dorky bartender started trying to do some PG strip show on the bar and poured alcohol all over himself and down his pants. That gave me a few nightmares.

On Saturday I helped "host" Sally's shower at the Goins. Of course when I got there everything was already set up and laid out so I really didn't contribute too much but that's ok. The highlight of the shower was Sally's dramatic uninhibited flower girl who entertained us with song and dance then crawled in Allison's lap and pretended to be a cat the rest of the afternoon. I'm pretty sure she might try to steal the spotlight from Sally on the big day. Then we OC girl friends went to P.F. Changs and to see The Lake House....now there's a movie that will keep your mind busy. It's about people living 2 years apart, but through some wormhole correspond through a mailbox at a lakehouse. Then we went to Baskin Robbins and Sally received some "homemade" personal shower gifts. It was a really fun day and I'm glad so glad Sally got to come up and have a shower and weekend of fun.Sunday was church and shopping for this dinner I am in charge of decorating for. Then a going away party for a couple in our class that is moving to New Zealand. Anyway that is all.

2 comments:

Erin P said...

I didn't think we were going to ever survive the interpretive dance and kitty cat... She's too much!! Seeya Wednesday!

lauren and brad said...

Will you demonstrate the dancing for me? I could use some entertainment! How about at the Land of Nod Tues. nite meeting? It will be the exercise portion. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails