Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lego-Maniac Reading-Maniac


This cartoon makes me laugh. I really have no point in this post other than to share this cartoon, but I do love legos.

This weekend since we didn't do anything I read 3 books---you read that right. 3 whole books. One was a collection of Holiday short stories by David Sedaris, One was a collection of short stories by Roald Dahl and the last was the third Sisterhood of the Pants book. I enjoyed all 3. In high school I had to read all sorts of boring books for Honors English and it usually drove me to buying cliff notes. I wonder now if I would enjoy those boring books any better but somehow I doubt it. The worst ones I remember were Invisible Man, For Whom the Bells Tolls, and The Grapes of Wrath. What were some of the most boring books you had to read in school?

P.S. Yesterday was my big/little sister's birthday and the first day of summer and go skate day. Happy Birthday Amy!!

7 comments:

Michelle Young said...

Moby Dick....it's so boring my teacher actually let us skip parts of that book.

Mom I said...

Makes my brain hurt to think back that far. Don't think they had books in print back then anyway. Happy happy birthday to Amy! Hope you like the Traveling Pants series. Carrie and I really liked them. Fluff reading, but enjoyable. Love ya,

carrie m said...

The Virginian. I had to read it for a college lit. class and it was so boring.

April said...

I don't remember most of what I read in school anymore. I think if I had to choose it would be Julius Ceasar only because our teacher made us act it out as we read.

Happy Birthday, Amy!!

Anonymous said...

Well, this isn't really a book, but tell me the purpose of memorizing the Canterbury Tales. That was by far the worst thing I have tried to read.
Celeste

Rachel said...

Well my least favorite has been Frankenstein but Pigman is a pretty close second. I hope you enjoyed the Sistethood Books...I love em! Love you

lauren and brad said...

hmmmm. I would disagree on the Grapes of Wrath. The books we read were so boring that it made that one actually kinda good. Hated Wuthering Heights, the Invisible Man, and definitly Canterbury Tales. Loved Brave New World.

Related Posts with Thumbnails