Monday, June 19, 2006

Up In The Air Junior Birdman

Up in the Air Junior Birdman
Up in the Air, upside down
Up in the air Junior Birdman
Don't let your tail feathers touch the ground
When you hear the great announcement
And you see the badge of rin tin tin
You will know that Junior Birdman
Has turned his box tops in
It takes 5 box tops, 4 box sides
3 box bottoms, 2 fat nickels or
1 thin dime. B-i-r-d-m-a-n etc....

Camp Songs. You gotta love em even though they don't make much sense. I recently made Ryan teach me Up In The Air Junior Birdman that I have heard he and his family sing before. He also tried to teach me one about Eddy CoochiCachieCamaToscanariToscanosisSamaCamaWackyBrown. I am still working on that one though. Some camp songs are regional, so those did not find their way to MSYC in TN. (I do think the "cup game" is an activity though with no regional boundaries that every girl knows....and some guys.) In my quest for new camp songs, I also recently learned a cheer from a camp that Lauren used to work in the NE. It's pretty awesome and I think we should start incorporating it into our meetings at work. The only time I really get to sing camp songs is on roadtrips in the car with Ryan. Today's question is what are some of your favorite campsongs? One of mine does not have a title but is about little birds waking up. It's good to sing in the morning.

12 comments:

April said...

It has been so long since I went to MSYC I don't know how many songs I remember. I used to have fun singing the "Root Beer" song though. I cannot wait until Maddie is old enough to go to MSYC (hopefully next year). I know she will have so much fun just like we did.

Lor k said...

Junior Birdman is up on my favorite camp songs list. But I also like 3 blue pigeons and a song about the 2nd story window that goes with nursery rhymes. You'll have to have Ryan teach those to you too, if they aren't nation wide faves. =)

Mr. T said...

i liked the song that Laura mentions...something about a "second story window, a fire in the barn, water, water, water"
I can't ever remember the title to that one.

erinleigh said...

sittin on a fence post chewin my bubble gum, smack smack smack smack playing with my yoyo, doo wop doo wop and along came herman the worman and he was this big and i said herman, whhhaaattt happened. he said i ate my mama (and so on)

Lor K said...

Matt is thinking about the song about Miss Old Leary and her cow. Fire Fire Fire, Water Water Water, Jump Lady Jump, AHHHHHH splat.

April said...

Oh yeah, Erin and Lor K, I had forgotten about those songs. I tend to remember the little shows that made an impression on everybody. Like the one where everyone lined up and used the same toothbrush, rinsed with the same water, and the last person drank the whole cup of water after everyone had brushed their teeth.

Kira said...

I liked Fried Ham a lot. So many I just cannot remember them all. Only bits. One about sipping soda through a straw.

Ryan said...

Junior Birdman has the funnest actions to go along with it, so it's fun to watch every look like an idiot (and act like one yourself). And that Herman the Worman that Katie taught me is funny too...except for the last line, it's kind of a let down.

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love Herman the Worman! I had forgotten about that.
Celeste

Krista said...

Junior Birdman is a great song! I also really enjoy the swimming song..."swimming, swimming in the swimming hole. when days are hot, when days are cold in the swimming hole..." You'll have to ask Ryan about that one if you don't already know it.

erin......again said...

im sad now. wish i was 12 and spending my summer at mid south youth camp. what about scotty smith singing the toast song? oh yeah kt and ben and us singing "Freshman" for the crowd....."thanks for singing a song that made everyone want to go out and kill themselves" duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

lauren and brad said...

ok...i could write a novel on my favorite camp songs...i absolutely LOVE them. They make me happy and full of life! :) Maybe we should change our book club to a book/camp song club? We could have weekly get-togethers and learn a new song every week! Does Waikiki count? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails