Saturday, June 03, 2006

What Can I Say.....The Bugs Love Me

WARNING! DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW IF YOU ARE DEATHLY AFRAID OF SPIDERS!

I am one of those people who is not fond of certain spiders. One day at work a few weeks ago we were all in the conference room putting customer binders together. Then Lauren decided to teach us this camp cheer she knows. So we were all following her, the she screamed and pointed at me. I could tell from her face something gross must be crawling on me. I screamed and started wriggling around. Apparently a huge spider was on my shoulder and I flew in on the table with my gyrations. Sharon quickly killed it but we all screamed girly blood curdling screams that made the warehouse crew come running. I couldn't sit still the rest of the day and I have not worn the sweater I had on then since. I complained until Bob called the exterminator. Then yesterday at work we saw another one that looked JUST LIKE the one that crawled on me. We got a picture of it before we killed it. It's a close up shot but it was about the size of a half dollar. Now that you have seen the culprit, I know what you are thinking, "Katie how could you survive after such trauma?" Well I must honestly say I am not quite sure. But I have. However, the other day I went and looked at a house with a friend and when we came out I was COVERED in these gnat looking things. She had none on her but we had been in the same house. I looked in my shirt and they were all over me so we had to go to my apartment so I could strip down and pick these things off of me. I think maybe they were attracted to me bc of the rotting flesh on my body (my sun burn is peeling off) but who knows. Today's question is have you ever had a traumatic experience with a creepy crawler?

10 comments:

Carrie M said...

There are some things about Oklahoma that I really don't miss, and the spiders are one of them. I used to see huge spiders like that on our patio in Altus. YUCK! Do you know what kind of spider it is? Love, Carrie

Lor K said...

THAT SPIDER IS DISCUSTING!!!! I do not miss the bugs of the midwest. They all seem to be on steroids. YUCKKKKK! I am glad you didn't get eaten alive by that thing. Just a few monthes ago I moved a shoe in my closet and a spider crawled out and I swear to you it chased me out of the closet. I had to jump on my bed to escape. I'm glad I have a brave husband. =)

Lor K said...

THAT SPIDER IS DISCUSTING!!!! I do not miss the bugs of the midwest. They all seem to be on steroids. YUCKKKKK! I am glad you didn't get eaten alive by that thing. Just a few monthes ago I moved a shoe in my closet and a spider crawled out and I swear to you it chased me out of the closet. I had to jump on my bed to escape. I'm glad I have a brave husband. =)

Lor K said...

THAT SPIDER IS DISCUSTING!!!! I do not miss the bugs of the midwest. They all seem to be on steroids. YUCKKKKK! I am glad you didn't get eaten alive by that thing. Just a few monthes ago I moved a shoe in my closet and a spider crawled out and I swear to you it chased me out of the closet. I had to jump on my bed to escape. I'm glad I have a brave husband. =)

Lor K said...

Sorry I did that 3 times. I don't know how to erase the extra ones. =)

April said...

About a month ago my mom and I were cleaning my neighbors house after they had just moved. I went to close one of the downstairs doors and what did we happen to see on the door? A spider about the size of my hand. NO JOKE! I have not seen it since cause I will not go back over there. That was the only thing I could remember cause it was more recent.

brittny said...

Hi Katie!

I found your link on one of my friend's blogs and was so excited to read you are from Oklahoma! It made my day.
My husband and I currently live in Kuwait, but Oklahoma is our home. I miss that place so much! I know people think I'm crazy the way I talk about the Sooner state over here! I never realized how much I would miss it until we were gone.
Anyhow, reading your blog just put a smile on my face because it brought me close to home despite being a million miles away!
I do have to say I don't miss the gargantuan (sp?) tarantulas that are around there. There are a lot where we're from. What a traumatic experience! Just two nights ago I had put a jacket on and felt something tickling my arm. I rubbed my arm, but didn't notice anything since I was wearing my jacket. I kept feeling it and realized that something was alive underthere! I ripped it off and this crawly bug fell out. I freaked out! It was nothing like your scary spider, but it was still scary!
Thanks for your blog. It's nice to read something from home. Hope you had a good weekend!

Kira said...

I do not remember one of mine, but one time we went on vacation & Cody left his milk out. I told him before we left to put his cup in the sink. Well when we arrived home the cup & table was full of magets. I made him clean it up. He hated it. He may have been traumatized by the whole thing.

Krista said...

Katie - I have to admit that I cannot stop laughing at the thought you throwing the spider off your body with your "gyrations". I laughed out loud and shared this story with everyone within ear shot of me.

I'm pretty sure I would have run out of the building screaming never to return if something like that was crawling on me. I think I'm going to call an exterminator right now. Just knowing something like that was in Oklahoma freaks me out a little bit.

Krista said...

Oh...I forgot to write a traumatic spider story. I've personally never had one but my brother Bobby stepped on a wolf spider with his bare feet once when we were little and living in Denver. To this day he's afraid of spiders. I'm sure that his wife kills spiders for him now. She's braver than him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails