Sunday, July 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Blog!

Today is the one year anniversary of our blog! Hurrah for us staying committed to something besides our marriage for a whole year! It is also a special day bc we have decided to adopt a member into our family. His name is Jasper. We decided today would be a befitting day to adopt him since it was a blogging milestone and because it was Missions Sunday at our church (if you remember we lost dear Botox last year on Missions Sunday). So in honor of all these special things, we went to the Wal-mart and got us a Beta. He can never replace Botox, but we do love him dearly. It's hard to photograph a fish....but I tried.This weekend we saw Pirates of the Caribbean. It was good but Ryan kept having to explain a lot of things to me. The Davy Jones tentacle bearded man was quite scary. On Saturday we read in the park and then went swimming with the Youngs. It really felt like a summer day. Then we ate at Pablano's and came home to watch a movie that I slept halfway through. Today of course was Missions Sunday (where the congregation takes up a special contribution toward spreading the gospel across the globe). It was a very uplifting service. I am not sure what the final total was because we were helping in the toddler nursery once again tonight. I have also undertaken the task today of printing off pictures from 2005. That's the thing with digital cameras, I never print the pics to put in my albums.

I was hoping we might have a new look to our blog to mark the anniversary but that is Ryan's doing. Oh well, here is to another year of sharing our lives with family, friends, and strangers through the worldwide web! Today's question is what has been one of your favorite posts? I particularly enjoy the ones Ryan writes bc I think he is such a good journalist.

6 comments:

April said...

My favorite posts are the ones you write about memories of the past. I like reading what people have done in their lives.

lauren and brad said...

my favorite was either the one with the limericks or the one with the high school yearbook...all of your posts usually have me laughing OUT loud! i think you both are great journalists!

Mr. T said...

I like any posts that includes pictures of you and/or Ryan from the past. Anything to give me a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite was when you suggested your mother host her own blog site. Whatever happened to that idea??? I think that should be your MISSION as you embark on your second blog year... launch the Debblog. Sounds kind of French? The idea holds TONS of merit...

Uncle Kevin

Mom I said...

Our new grand-fish is adorable. Is someone giving you a shower? Can't wait to meet him in person (hopefully September). I can't pick a favorite blog. I, of course, love Rys, but Katie you always do a great job. You're both quite the journalists. Carrie and I had fun using "fruit catastrophe" phrases all weekend.

kmom said...

Welcome to the family, Jasper. One of my favorite blogs was the one Ryan wrote about the haircut. I and I think most people thought until the end that you were writing it about yourself. Many or yours and Ryan's blogs make me laugh. The pictures add so much. Hope you enjoy your second year of blogging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails