Saturday, July 29, 2006

Quotable Quotes

While I have been reading circa 30 books over the past year, I have been keeping a journal of my favorite lines from them. I know, I know it sounds like something Oprah would do, but she is one of my role models. I will share some of them with you now.....

*Whatever our struggles and triumphs, all too soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper. --Memoirs of a Geisha

*Take it--there are times in your life having abeautiful place to live is more important than being sensible --Dreamcatcher

*If I could've gotten my nose close enough, I would've inhaled gasoline until I was retarded. --A Girl Named Zippy

*I hope that the disaster you face determines the life you live --Something Rising Light and Swift

*Maybe happiness didn't have to be about the big sweeping circumstances, about having everything in your life in place. Maybe it was about stringing together a bunch of small pleasures. --Sisterhood of the Travleing Pants

*Symobologists often remarked that France, a country renowned for machismo, womanizing, and diminuitive insecure leaders--like Napolean and Pepin the Short--could not have chosen a more apt national emblem than a thousand foot phallus --The Da Vinci Code

*Death is no enemy, but the foundation of gratitude, sympathy, and art. Of all of life's pleasures, only love owes no debt to death. --The Red Tent

*Having an unnatural attachment to her internal organs, Beth surrendered her scalp, her teeth, her right leg, and both breasts. It wasn't until after the surgery that we realized my wife's contributions were nontransferable, but by that time it was too late to sew them back on. --Holidays on Ice "Christmas Means Giving"

*The problem is, people know what matters, but they don't choose it. The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters. --The Secret Life of Bees

*Is it hubris to believe we all live epics? --Peace Like a River

Today's question is do you believe it is hubris to think we all live epics? I don't think it's hubris at all, but I do think it's very true. (P.S. You can look up "hubris" in Webster's, it can be the word of the day)

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

I would definitely say that we both are living quite an epic. Therefore, I do not believe that this is hubris, but in fact very timorous.

e said...

sometimes you're the bug....somtimes you're the windshield

Related Posts with Thumbnails