Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy 2 Year Engage-a-versary!!

Two years ago today Ryan asked me to marry him at the beach in Seaside, OR. We got to go to Seaside on Monday when we were in Oregon the other day. Although we did not recreate our sand castle, it did bring back fond memories.

We had been to several beaches that day and I had a hunch he might ask me, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. We ended up at Seaside to watch the sun set but it was pretty hazy so we decided to buy stuff to build a huge sand castle. We worked so long on it that I had forgotten that I thought he might propose. When we were all done I went to wash my hands off in the ocean and when I came back he had the ring on top of the castle. He got down on his knee and I said yes!

Then.....Now......Yeah we pretty much look exactly the same but 50 years from now when I do this post there might be some changes :) Today's question is how did you propose or how were you proposed to?

4 comments:

lauren and brad said...

brad flew in to OK w/o telling me, asked my parents, dressed up my gram's house for 3 days, and then i went over to gram's for dinner, followed a loooong trail of candles and flowers, found a note that said close your eyes and count to three. when i opened them, all of the trees in my grams backyard lit up and brad walked out. how could i not say yes after that! he's pretty darn precious.

Mom I said...

Rick and I hadn't seen each other in two years. I had a 24 hour lay over on my way back to Portland from Little Rock so I went to church at Garnett Rd that Sunday night and Rick was there. His mom invited me over to their house for sandwiches after church and Rick asked if I wanted to go to an amusement park and see Tulsa. I said sure. He took me up on the highest hill in Tulsa to show me the lights and kissed me for the first time. Then he said "Where have you been all my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I agreed whole heartedly (that was some kiss). I went back home to Portland, he stayed in Tulsa and we were married less than 3 months later. After 30 years together, I am more thankful every day for that lay over in Tulsa.

April said...

Johnny was in SC for basic training in the Army. I went down with his family to watch him graduate. Later that day during dinner at Olive Garden, I had to take Maddie to the bathroom. When I came back there was an opened box with a ring in it sitting in front of me. Johnny isn't one who likes to draw attention to himself in romantic situations, but he actually got down on one knee and asked me to marry him while everyone looked on.

Kira said...

That is a cool story. Good job cuz!!! I continue to be impressed by my "little" cousin.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails