Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Waterworks

Last night we saw the movie Click at the dollar theater with some friends. It was 50 cent night and you can't pass that up! I thought it was a really good and funny movie. There were a few sad/serious parts towards the end but that would have been an understatement to the lady behind us. She was bawling. And not just boo hooing but heaving sobs, can't catch my breath, everyone within 20 feet can hear crying. For like 10 minutes. It wasn't THAT sad. And it's Adam Sandler so even if it is something serious.....it's Adam Sandler! So of course this sets me off laughing and not just tee hee laughing but the can't catch my breath, give my abs a workout, tears in my eyes laughter. Maybe I'm heartless, but I was not the only one in our group about to pee their pants laughing from her sobbing. It was hard not to turn around to look at her, but I contained myself until after the movie.....and yes I had stopped laughing by then.

I generally am not a cry-er at movies though.....unless an animal dies. I didn't even cry in the Notebook (gasp!). But put the Lion King on and I have to fast forward through the part where Mufasa dies. And My Dog Skip....that was one of the roughest movies. I even cried during the finale of Grey's Anatomy--not so much bc of Denny, but because of Mer and Der's dog. The only people movies that I shed a tear at every time are Steel Magnolias and Fried Green Tomatoes. But even then, I must admit, I do not sob like the poor lady in Click. Today's question is what movies make you cry (and/or become a basketcase?)

P.S. I had to turn the word verificaiton feature on the comments bc I was getting too much spam but all you have to do is type in the wavy letters you see and you can still comment, for those of you who are confused by that :)

8 comments:

Erin said...

I have to admit, I also cried during Click. I contained myself a little bit better than the lady behind you, but it was still sad. I refuse to watch ET because it was one of the first movies that ever made me cry. Now I can barely get through any sad part of tv shows or movies without crying!! I'm a nerd.

Mr. T said...

Did you see the movie Eight Below? I didn't either, but it's about those dogs in Alaska. You can just tell by the previews that trouble is on it's way to those lost dogs. You may want to skip that movie or you'll be crying all the way thru it.

Michelle Young said...

I cried during.....Walk to Remember, The Notebook, and some other movie that had to do with a daughter and dad relationship, I can't remember it off hand....I really try to avoid crying in movies...

April said...

Ok I am the one who cried when Leonardo drowned. How could they kill him in Titanic!!? He was supposed to grow old with Rose and have babies, not become fish food.

Mom I said...

I cried my eyes out at the end of Nicolas and Alexandra (about 1971). I didn't know the story before I went to see the movie so I didn't know how it ended. Denise and I cried all the way home too. I guess it had to end that way though, because you can't change history. Course, I cry at alot of movies (and tv shows and books), just ask my family.

lauren and brad said...

Sadly I take after my daddy-o and I cry at EVERYTHING...commercials, sitcoms, and esp. movies. How can you not? After two hours invested in these "lives" it seems real. My all time low was when I bawled my eyes out at Family Matters...you know, the Steve Urkel show?!?!!!
Oh, and don't ever see My Life. so sad.

Mathias & Craig Families said...

How crazy, I was totally thinking "My Life" with Michael Keaton. That's a tear jerker if I've ever seen one. I must admit I do not cry as easily as my sweet, tenderhearted mother, which makes me feel like a heal sometimes. I do, however, still cry at quite a few movies. The first time I saw "Return to Me" I cried but other than that I'm drawing a total blank! I'm glad you liked Click though, we've been wanting to see it so thanks for the review! Love you both! Wendy.

Krista said...

I've cried during several movies...and commercials...and sometimes when I listen to Delilah on the radio. It's more like a single tear rolling down my cheek. There are no sobbing sound effects to go along with it. I probably would have cried during click had it not been for you guys laughing. Thanks for distracting me during the sad parts. haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails