Monday, September 18, 2006

Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board....

This weekend while having fun with my inlaws in Brason we were discussing Light as a feather, Stiff as a board. For those of you who didn't dabble in the satanic arts as a child, I will explain. This "game" takes a group of people (usually adolescent girls at a slumber party or in my case at church camp). One person lies on their back and the other girls surround her. The surrounding girls place two fingers from each hand under the girl's body. You can say things about death or ask her to imagine how she dies, then you all start chanting "light as a feather, stiff as a board..." And magically you can lift her with no effort and circa 28 fingers. As someone who has participated in this I can tell you it works. I don't know how it does, but it does and it is freaky. The Wikipedia says that this phenomenon might be due to magnetic levitiation, but that is not credited in the scientific community.....they probably don't play games such as this. I've played with a Ouija board and it too was scary at the time, but then after a few months someone always came forward and said they were moving it. I will have to save stories of my other demonic dealings with the Blair Witch and a seance to bring Conway Twitty back from the dead for another post. Today's question is have you had any demonic experiences with light as a feather stiff as a board or some other form of the dark arts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I also tried Light as a Feather at Heather Plunk's in 5th grade...very freaky. My other satanic endeavor stories have involved you so I won't ruin any future posts that you might have for your loyal readers. I was just telling someone about Conway Twitty the other night actually. Good memories! Celeste

ktsdad said...

Don't know anything about magnetic levitation and have never been to an adolescent girls' slumber party (other than yours!), but I've done "light as a feather, stiff as a board" and it's REAL!

Krista said...

Light as a feather, stiff as a board never worked for me...I must have been doing it wrong. The thing I always remember doing at slumber party's is playing Bloody Mary. We would all take turns going into the bathroom, turning out the lights and saying it three times. But I always got scared and ran out of the bathroom after only saying it twice.

lauren and brad said...

oh, my, yes! i did light as a feather AND bloody mary AND ouija...crazyness. the only other slightly satanic thing i did was try to learn tarot cards and collect garbage pail kids cards. yikes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails