Saturday, September 09, 2006

Today Is Where Your Book Begins

I am unwritten,
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined
I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

This song by Natasha Beddingfield has been one of my pre-determined summer theme songs (along with Shakira's Hips Don't Lie but that one has nothing to do with this post.) Whenever it has been on the radio, I have to roll the windows down, turn the song up, and sing it at the top of my lungs. Yesterday on my way home from work it was the perfect song playing at the end of my day, and I almost had happy tears in my eyes as I was belting it out and waving to my unknown friend at the bus stop. I put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday. That's right, I quit my job of 3 years and 9 months. And no I have not gotten another job yet. And to some of you that may sound like a Biblical sin, but I have decided it is not. I have some leads and interviews, but mainly I am putting any worries in God's hands. I know He holds my future, and for once, I think I am finally grasping that and enjoying it. It's time for a change and I don't mind that it is an unplanned one. I sincerely thank all of you from the bottom of my heart because I know MANY of you have been praying for me, and I ask that you continue to do so while I am searching for a new job. It's just a new chapter in my book and I am ready for it!

8 comments:

Krista said...

I love that song too! I listened to that cd yesterday at work...twice. Congratulations on quitting your job. Good luck with the search.

April said...

Ok I have been terrible about Hips Don't Lie myself. Good Luck and Congrats on your journey to a new start. I have been praying for you to find happiness in your career, and I know it is out there.

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for you...and jealous, but I hope to soon be following in your footsteps. You're my hero.
Celeste

Kira said...

Wow, bold step for you. Good job. That does take faith, and I like you totally feel that He is in control and things will work out for you. I have taken many of those blind steps and I think it has been for the best & God has always carried me through. I will be praying for you!

kmom said...

God is very good at working things out. You are wise to trust in Him. I will be praying for you to get a great job.

lauren and brad said...

WOOO HOOOO! Way to go Katie! I have been on a high all week-end with happiness for you. I pray that you find a new job that instead of dampening your spirit, it brings it out so that all around you are changed! You certainly have changed me! You are a bright light that anyone would be crazy to not hire! xoxoxo

Rachel said...

I also love that song! And know I will be praying for you to find a new job soon! I love you!

Erin said...

I am so glad for you Katie! I know it's been on your heart for awhile. I'll be praying for you to find a new job!! I've been there too, so I know what it feels like :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails