Sunday, October 01, 2006

Cancelled....

Well my flight got cancelled today and of course I didn't know until I got to the airport. There is nothing going towards OKC from White Plains until tomorrow so I glady get to spend another day with Erin, but sadly have to wait another day to see my dear husband (who I thought was going to post while I was gone but I guess not).

I will have pics to share later of my week, but for now I will just entertain you with a story. Yesterday, despite the fact that I puked my guts up in the morning, we went into the city, and I will give details of the whole day later, but Erin convinced me I needed to have my palm read by this middle eastern lady outside of ChinaTown. She told me some things that were shockingly true like that I was good in the design field and I liked to write. Then she asked if there was someone close to me whose name began with the letter "J" and I sat and thought and said no. She told me to think really hard. (you know palm readers are never wrong) And I said well Jesus. She asked if Jesus was my boyfriend or husband. And I said no, Jesus like THE Jesus. She looked puzzled and I said you know Jesus Christ the Savior. Then she laughed and said she wasn't about to go there. Oh well I guess sharing my faith with a palm reader isn't gonna work. She continued reading my palm and tried to convince me that I am very worried about someone in my family who is sick and that I dream of animals a lot and that I have recently changed addresses (????). She wouldn't take a picture with me (she probably thought it would capture her soul) but she let Erin take a picture of me in her little studio. Well that's all for now. Check back later for pics and more stories of my NY adventures (sorry I saw no more famous peeps.) Today's question is have you ever had your palm read?

4 comments:

kmom said...

What about your Aunt Joyce or Ryan's friend Jonathan? You have recently changed work addresses. Amy is getting well, but she was dreadfully sick this weekend. Pop is ok, but he has been quite depressed lately. The Bible recommends prayer instead of worry. Palm reading, although fascinating, might be considered related to witchcraft or the realm of Satan which God has forbidden. Enough sermonizing. See you soon!

Kmom said...

You have been a bit concerned about Ryan's granddad in Missouri. Palm readers probably work from broad generalizations that could apply to the vast majority of people.

April said...

I have pondered the idea of having my palm read, but never gone. Eventually you may understand what it was she was talking about. I am glad to hear you had a good trip despite becoming sick during your stay.

Kira said...

I thought maybe my cuz would fill in on the blog while you were away!!

And I feel you in the area of travel delays

Related Posts with Thumbnails