Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Where is my Motivation?

I currently have no motivation. But I think that just comes and goes in waves. The things I don't feel motivated to do are the following: I don't want to clean and organize our messy apartment, I don't want to print out ALL of last year's pics and put them in an album like I should, I don't want to go to work and get blisters on my toes, I don't want to go shoe shopping to find the shoes I need, I don't want to do laundry, I don't want to grocery shop, I don't want to pay bills, I don't want to write the thank you notes that I should, I don't want to figure out last month's budget, I don't want to clean out my closet, I don't want to put gas in my car, I don't want to make my husband get a dentist appointment, and I don't want to struggle to come up with things to blog about. I think it's because I can't do all of that at once and get it all done that I don't want to tackle any of it. Today's question is what do you do when you are un-motivated and there are a billion things to do?

Here is a pic from this weekend. Aren't we pretty?

10 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

I usually get on iTunes and download song after song and pretend that Im not getting charged 99 cents for each one. Then, I go get some string cheese and sit in the kitchen and look at the mess my employers have made. Then I leave and drive around and listen to my new music. I am worthless. Its ok Katie, I love you

Erin P said...

What a great picture! Everyone looks so happy! When I'm unmotivated (which is usually at work) I just sit on find fun things to do on the internet. Like, watch TV shows or catch up on celebrity gossip. I have not been motivated lately either.

Secret Agent Of The South said...

Negative-Nancy is rubbing off on you!

Michelle said...

I like to take a long bubble bath, or go shopping...shopping is like Therapy, even if you don't buy anything it always helps!That is a very nice pic, if I do say so myself!

April said...

I only become un-motivated when I am extrememly tired. If I cannot take a nap because I also have a busy schedule, I just struggle to find the will power within to keep going. I have to go get ready for work now. Take care and great pic.

Mom I said...

When I'm unmotivated or feel overwhelmed, I like to sit down and make a list of all the things I should be doing. Then I may or may not pick just one or two things off the list and get those done. I know its silly, but as long as its written down on the list, then I know I'll get around to it someday and I feel better just letting it go. Course, when I sit down to make my list I may just get sidetracked by Oprah or Dr. Phil and they help me forget about all the stuff I should be doing.

kmom said...

I try to decide what really really needs to be done the most and what can actually wait to be done. Usually I make a list. Then I try to get started on something that needs doing. By just starting a job, usually I can motivate myself to finish it. By finishing just one job, I feel better and then I am encouraged to do another job. Also, I often ask my husband to help. Some jobs rarely seem to get done such as putting pictures in photo albums (I am about 5 years behind) and washing sweaters by hand (I have 4 that have waited all spring and summer and now it is getting cold enough to wear them again.)

kmom said...

How do you eat an elephant (one bite at a time.) Sometimes listening to music energizes me as I start a job.

Anonymous said...

Your mom eats elephants?

lauren and brad said...

First, hire a professional organizer (i can recommend a great one! :) ) to do all that crazy mess stuff. Then schedule a "scrapbook" day with a friend ( i can recommend one of those too!) to do your pics with, and lastly quit your job!!! Not only will you not have blisters, but you won't have $ to buy new shoes or need to worry about a budget! Man am I the solution to all your worries or what! xoxoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails