Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Branson or Bust

On Friday Amy flew in to OKC and the three of us headed to Branson. We got to visit with Ryan's grandparents on Friday night and then saw my grandparents who are vacationing there on Saturday afternoon. We went to Mel's Hardluck Diner where the waiters and waitresses sing to you while you eat. We convinced my grandad he needed to buy our waitresses CD. Then we did a little shopping and went down to show Amy the new Branson Landing. It's nice to not have to share our granparents with 20 other family members like we normally have to do at Christmas.On Saturday evening we went to Ryan's aunt's RV park by the lake where his cousin was in charge of the annual haunted hay ride. And we aren't talking a few people in sheets popping out of the woods. His cousin and friends have been coming up to Branson every weekend for 2 months preparing for this. They built castles, a graveyard, and a pirate ship which we had to get off the ride and walk through. It was the most extensive free haunted trail I have ever been through! There were lots of friends and family that came. We ate around the fire and then went on the ride. We got to spend quality time with baby Theoden since his parents were running the haunted trail. And we also got to meet Ashley's new baby Neviah.On Sunday we went to church and went out to eat with both sets of grandparents at a Mexican restaurant in Hollister. Then we taught Amy and Gma I how to play Rummikub. We headed home Sunday afternoon and played a lot of 20 questions (the electronic version). The trees are changing colors and the drive was beautiful! Amy had to go back home on Monday. :( But we had a wonderful time. It's just never long enough!

7 comments:

Lor K said...

I am sooooo jealous. I want to go to Branson. It sounds like you guys had a great time.

kmom said...

Katie, cute jacket you have!

April said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. I took the kids to a Halloween party at their friends house. Afterwards I went to David Powell's annual Halloween party. Before the night was through, I went out with a few of my friends around town trying to see if we could scare anyone in our costumes heh. Last night we ended up with 3 bags full of candy for little ones. That was about it for us.

Anonymous said...

So, is this annual haunted hayride open to the public? Sounds like more fun than being sick on the couch with the Flu. My head didn't spin around, but it was still pretty scary.

Bugger, I still can't remember my password.

This is Saundra. Memory loss blamed on the flu.

lauren and brad said...

Dang that baby is so cute! I am sad I didn't get to meet your sis, but I am glad you had a fun week-end with her! Can't wait for Land of Nod meeting tomorrow!

Krista said...

So glad to hear that you had fun in Branson and enjoyed the haunted hayride. Did you have a chance to check out Grandpa's computer desk? Is it still standing? I had my doubts about it. haha.

Kira said...

OHHHHHHHH my nephew is ADORABLE!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails