Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!

So this weekend I must have been motivated by all the rearranging and organizing I do at work, and I decided to clean out my closet and dresser. The tiny bedroom closet and large dresser in our room are all mine and Ryan has a tiny closet for his things in the back bedroom. It works out because Ryan only has about 10 items of clothing and he likes to keep it that way. I, on the other hand, found out I could clothe a 3rd world country with all of the apparel I have been hoarding (granted they would have to be a country of small sized people). Going through my clothes is therapudic, but also damaging to my self worth. It feels good to make all the junk go away that I never wear, to color coordinate, to fold properly, to make 2 empty drawers for Ryan, to throw out wire hangers and make them all white plastic ones, to swap out seasonal attire and to be able to give 63 items away for a good cause. But it also hurts to come to the realization that I will probably not be a size 2 ever again and that certian parts of my body will never shrink to make things I wore a few years ago look decent again. Granted I could exercise and get into better shape.....not a size 2 shape.....but I know myself pretty well and I know that I am not unhappy enough with my body to be motivated to do that. Just unhappy when I have to face it once a year when I clean out my closet. Another bad thing is I had made a rule that when I buy a new piece of clothing, I have to replace something in my closet with it. That has been an easy rule to follow when I had 63 items to give away, but now I may not be able to go shopping for awhile. So if you are anywhere from a size 2-5ish and a shoe size 5-6ish, you may come peruse my giveaways before they go to charity and/or The Associates (the secret mafia that holds a rummage sale to donate profits to FHU). Today's question is when was the last time you cleaned out your closet, literally or metaphorically?

4 comments:

Erin Cornell said...

I cleaned out my closet literally when I moved from my apt, when I moved from my parents house and when I moved IN to Justin's house. I'm running out of clothes!! :) Maybe we should have a garage sale together?

April said...

I just cleaned out my closets over the weekend myself. I was not happy with my results, so I guess we are even. I did manage to find about 2 huge garbage bags full of clothes from all 4 of us to get rid of to Goodwill. I bet the toughest part of cleaning was getting rid of toys the kids don't play with anymore. That was when they realized how much they loved each one. They have tons more room for more. :)

lauren and brad said...

Today! I love to do it! It cleanses the soul! Just wait til I get my hands on the rest of your closets! Watch out! :)

Mom I said...

I haven't been a size 2 since 3rd grade. The last time I cleaned out my closet was when we moved into Rys room upstairs. I LOVE my walk in closet. I too take up all the space in the closet and dressers except 1/2 of the top rod in the closet and a couple of small drawers in the dresser. Its Ricks fault though because he's the one that does all my shopping. I love that man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails