Saturday, January 06, 2007

Etcetera

Last night Ryan and I went out to eat at Carlito's, a newer Mexican restaurant by Quail Springs Mall. Then we went to see Night at the Museum. It was really good and funny. I recommend it for all ages.

Today I went Bridesmaids dress shopping with Janine and her mom. We found a dress for me at David's Bridal but it was in the junior bridesmaids section in a girls size 18. I didn't even know they made girls dresses that big, I thought the highest was a 16. But it fit and won't have to be altered in length. I guess I am built like a 12 year old after all!

I am in love with a new game on Yahoo called Aloha Solitaire. The preview isn't much fun so you have to download the trial version. Unfortunately the trial runs out after like an hour then you have to play in 5 minute increments. It's challenging to do but worth it. Maybe I will cough up the 19 bucks and buy the game.

I finished reading The Time Travellers Wife (loved it) and am currently reading The Lovely Bones. It's kind of depressing so far but good. They are making a movie out of both of these books soon. Apparently Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston bought the film rights to Time Traveler before the book was even released and Rachel McAdams is playing the wife. I can't wait! I thought it would make a good movie after I read it.

Today's question is have you taken down your Xmas tree? We did before New Years and bought storage containers and did some "spring" cleaning early. I still have our cards up though. I like looking at them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took my tree down a few days ago. It's always sad because I love having the decorations up. I read the Lovely Bones a couple of years ago and thought it was very disturbing at first but it got better. That author also wrote another book called Lovely that is about the same subject I think. Love you Celeste

lauren and brad said...

we didn' even have a tree this year! the ultimate in depressing!!! but i did pack away my lovely ornament and am contemplating on what tapas to make! :) miss you! xoxoxo

MOM I said...

I have ALWAYS taken my tree down the day after Christmas. But this year I didn't get a chance to take it down until after New Years. How weird is that Ry!! But it is gone now and Rick turned off the outside lights. Course, we won't actually take the outside lights down until sometime in July. I just finished reading the 4th book in the Big Stone Gap series. GREAT. They're making a movie out of it too. Love ya

April said...

We either take it down Christmas night or the very next day. By doing so it takes away from the holiday stress. We also went to see Night at the Museum. I am glad there was finally a movie that had more clean action for the majority of the movie. As far as books, I get to help with hooked on phonics with Madeline. She's a great reader, but it is part of their homework. I never get time to read for myself anymore.

kmom said...

My tree is still up. Most of my other decorations are on the guest bed waiting to be put away. Amy is here this weekend and I played the game Upwords with her this afternoon instead of starting to take down the tree. Then Larry, Amy, and I watched part of a movie before leaving to meet with the family for Rachel's birthday supper. There is no hurry to take down fake trees, so my goal is to have all the Christmas decorations put away before Jan 15.

Lor K said...

I usually leave mine up until after new years. But that was before kids. This year we took it down 2 days after Christmas. We didn't water it the last week we had it so if you looked at it wrong it dropped needles. Every year it seems like our Christmas boxes grow, so this year I gave some of our decorations to Good Will so someone else can enjoy them next year.

Erin C said...

We took down our tree the day after Christmas and the trash men should be picking it up today!! Since it was real, it was getting horribly ugly. Pray for me today - I am quitting my job!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails