Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I LOVE YOU BRIAN RYAN!!!

That is a quote from a funny movie called Whatever It Takes, but I get to say it a lot to my dear husband because when introducing himself, often people don't hear him so they say "Brian?" and he just says yea. Like that is his name. Then the person continues to call him that and he continues to answer it and not correct them. I don't feel it is my place to say anything, I mean how dumb would the person feel if Ryan himself who has been answering to Brian didn't correct them, but his wife did. And after you let it go for so long you really can't correct them because then you look stupid for waiting so long to tell them. At my last job one of the designers that frequently came in always called me Kate. At first I thought he just called me that because he wanted to (which would be fine), but then I started thinking he really thought my name was Kate so it bugged me, but by then we had crossed that line where it was too late for me to correct him, because who knows why he called me that. But I don't work there anymore and everyone calls me my real name at my new job so it's all good. Today's question is has anyone ever repeatedly called you by the wrong name and did you correct them?

P.S. Check out Erin's latest post, it makes me laugh. Also my cousin Erica started a blog for her semester adventures in Spain.

6 comments:

Carrie M said...

I know how Ryan feels about always having to correct people. Everyone I introduce myself to says "Terry?" and I have to say, "no Carrie". It gets really old and it would be a lot easier just to go with it except for I really am not a fan of the name Terry and I like my name. Sorry to all the Terrys out there.

April said...

I get called Rachel alot. I am baffled that they can get a "ch" sound out of my name. I always correct people too. Just like Carrie, I like my name and don't feel like changing it anytime soon. My daughter is also going through the same problem. Just because I call her Maddie for short everyone thinks her name is Madison. Immediately that is what they call her. It is starting to annoy both of us heh. I thought I was being different by calling her Madeline.

Kira said...

People call me the wrong name ALL the time, kara, kari, kiera, etc. Most of the time I do not correct them. Jeremy will correct people for me, even when I have let them continue to call me the wrong name.

ktsdad said...

In a town as small as ours, people know your whole family. I've been "Randy" and he's been "Larry" for so long that we usually don't correct people, we just answer.

lor k said...

I get called Laurie alot. I don't know why. I personally think it the lazy way of saying my name. Does that make sense? I am on a mission to make sure that no one calls Violet...Vi. I will correct anyone who trys to do so.

Erin C said...

Ok I know I'm about a day late, but at my law office job the cleaning lady called me Amber. I never corrected her because it was too late by the time I realized that's what she thought my name was. So, the whole time to her, I was Amber!

Related Posts with Thumbnails