Monday, January 22, 2007

Me Time

Today was my first day on the new job and I think I did pretty well. Normally the first day is filled with paperwork and orientation, but they just threw me right in and I think I like it better that way. I got a briefing over shop drawing layouts and a tour of the factory for a quick 1o1 on furniture construction. Then I was handed a project to hand draft. Yes, that's right, they don't have CAD on my computer yet and they hand draft everything right now, so I had to bust out those talents I haven't used in 5 years. Their hand drawings are seriously works of art.....mine however are works in progress. They assured me they were great for a newcomer though. And MUCH better than the last guys (whatever that means).

Anyway the most exciting part about this job is that I get off work at 3:30 so I am home by 4:00. Which means I get to watch Oprah and have "me time." I have high hopes that this "me time" will allow me to relax enough before Ryan gets home and then I will want to cook for us. Today's me time was spent folding laundry, watching Oprah, refilling a prescription, playing computer games, and cleaning our bedroom. I accomplished a lot in a short time and I don't think it's because Ryan interrupts me when he is here, but when he is here I either want to spend time with him not doing chores or I want whine to him about something. Now I will get time to refocus with me, my thoughts, and I (and Oprah) and I think I will be a better person for it. I'm hopeful anyway. :) But now I have to go get our dinner out of the oven, so I will leave you with the question of the day: Do you have scheduled "me time" and if so how do you utilize it?

6 comments:

Walt & Saundra said...

Congratulations on the first day of your new job! I am so proud of you...and your leaps and bounds of faith.

And "me time" is a very good thing. Best spent in productivity, rather than the oh-so-tempting nap time.

Carrie M. said...

I'm glad you had a good first day, those are always a little scary for me.
My me time is from 1:00 to whenever the boys wake up from their nap and I usually do something very constructive...like read a book and watch the food network. I'm glad you've found your me time. Love you both!

April said...

My me time is usually after the kids go to bed. I usually spend that time either doing laundry or getting the kids stuff ready for school the next day. Just having some quietness around the house is enough for me.

kmom said...

So glad to hear that your first day of work and after work went very well.

Erin C said...

Yay for a good new job!! I look forward to hearing more about it. I don't have me time scheduled but I wish I did. Although, with me not having a new job, I might be getting LOTS of me time in :)

lo-dog said...

katie...you are so inspiring!!! way to go on the life improvement~both the new job and the newfound me time. i don't think i have that (either) but you have inspired me to get both! love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails