Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Read Your Bible and Pray Everyday......

Ryan and I tried to write down some goals (not resolutions because those have bad connotations of not lasting long) we had for the year, personal ones and individual ones. I will not share all of them as they are for us and not for the world wide web, but I will share one. We are going to try to read the Bible together chronologically this year. We decided to do this before we saw that there was going to be a Wed. night class at our church dedicated to this very thing! Tonight was the first night and it's a small sized class that will be good for discussions. Our teacher said he hoped it would be an overall light discussion about general themes and new things we may have never noticed before, however one man tonight already got started about scientific evidence contradicting creation and thousands of feet of sedimentary rock in Palestine (that's when I started thinking uh ok I need a dumber class) but he was a special case. I tried to do this 2 years ago but around March I slacked off so I am trying again, and hopefully with class and husband and blog readers to hold me accountable I will succeed! What are some of your new year's goals?

3 comments:

Mom I said...

That is so great you guys. I hope you can carry through. It is the most rewarding resolution you can make. I think I've had that same one every year that I can think of and some years I succeed and some years I don't. God bless your efforts. I love you guys. Mom I

erin c said...

I thought about coming to that class! We are doing the marriage one, of course, but it's only 6 weeks so maybe we can join you halfway through! My new years resolution is to also read more of my bible and to find a job I am happy with!

kmom said...

Hope someone told that guy in your Bible class that God probably made parts of the earth at creation to already scientifically date millions of years old. Adam and Eve were not babies when he made them. Did you buy a special Bible or just get a list of the probable written order of the books? Keep at your goal, and you will succeed. Even if it takes 3 years instead of 1, you have still read the Bible and learned a great deal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails