Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

No, the picture below isn't new (if you couldn't already tell by my hair and funky eyebrows). It was taken exactly 4 years ago today. We were sophmores and had not yet begun dating, when our friend-group-dictator Sally decided to plan a V-day evening for all of us single friends. She planned for us to go to Joe's Crab Shack and then to see a movie. What started as a small group of friends quickly turned into a group of like 35, as the news spread to all of the single people on campus who also needed Vday plans. Somehow Joe's got us all seated near each other though, and I managed to make sure I got to sit by Ryan because I had a not so secret crush on him. I was pretty sure he liked me too, since he stayed up late to IM flirt with me online every night, but he was pretty shy around me in person. This was our very first picture taken together and despite my hair and eyebrows I love it. Who knew that 4 years later I wouldn't have to pull up this picture on my laptop at night to see such a stud, because he would be laying beside me in bed. I'm so glad he chose to sit by me that day, I'm so glad he got over his shyness around me, and I'm so glad he chooses to be my husband every day. I love you bubby! Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

kmom said...

Hi, Sweeties! Happy Valentine's Day!

Mom I said...

I'm so thankful he sat by you too. It honestly brings tears to my eyes to know that my son found such a wonderful girl to spend the rest of his life with. Thank you for loving him. I know he's in good hands. I thank God for you both every day and miss you very much. Happy Valentines Day and have a great trip this weekend. Love, Mom I

ktsdad said...

and I couldn't have picked a more perfect "son" for my daughter - so you two have made two families very happy!
XXX OOO XXX OOO XXX OOO

Sally said...

Oh my work...i loved that Vday and I love that you two got married!

Related Posts with Thumbnails